These crispy golden Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes are chock full of flavor and worth every penny! If you want to serve them for a special date night or alongside steaks for a kicked-up surf-n-turf meal they’re guaranteed to disappear.
Save Money and Make Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes at Home
I know as soon as as you mention crab meat everyone shudders. Crab meat, in particular quality jumbo lump crab meat is pricey. I completely understand as I am a life-long thrifty shopper and proud oi it. There’s no way around it, in this case you do get what you pay for. Thanks to my local Costco I can make these homemade jumbo lump crab cakes using a premium product at a fraction of the price. Cheap? No. Worth it? A resounding yes! When I consider the price of a meal eating crab cakes in a restaurant as opposed to buying the ingredients and making them myself, there’s no contest. Plus you enjoy them in a relaxed atmosphere at home and that’s priceless.
Looking for more hearty seafood dishes? Try this seafood gumbo!
After mixing-up the crab cakes take the time to allow them to chill and they’ll hold together like a dream. Serve them with a sour cream and chive topped baked potato with a side of cole slaw and the only thing left to do is fry the hush puppies.
Other recipes you may like to try are my Chicken Cakes and Remoulade Sauce for those who may not be able to eat shellfish or Salmon Patties just like my Mom used to make. Other favorites you may enjoy are these Cod Fish Cakes or Irish Fish Cakes.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes
- 3 green onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 1/4 tsp garlic salt divided
- 1 lb jumbo lump crab meat
- 1 2/3 cup panko breadcrumbs divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese divided
- 1/4 cup diced roasted red pepper
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp chopped Italian parsley
- 2 tsp seafood seasoning divided
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper
- Olive oil or butter for frying
- In a small skillet melt the butter. Add the chopped green onion and 1/4 tsp garlic salt. Saute for around 1-2 minutes or until softened. Remove from the heat.
- Add to a medium mixing bowl with 1 tsp garlic salt, crab meat, 2/3 cup panko breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup diced roasted red pepper, beaten eggs, mayonnaise, Dijon, chopped parsley 1 1/2 tsp seafood seasoning and lemon pepper.. Gently mix until combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Use a 4 oz ice cream scoop to divide the crab mixture. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Mix together the remaining 1 cup panko breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese and 1/2 tsp seafood seasoning. Gently roll each crab cake in the crumbs pressing onto the cakes.
- Heat a few drizzles of olive oil in a non stick skillet. Cook the crab cakes in batches 3 minutes per side until golden over medium-high heat. Add additional oil as needed. Press to 1 inch thickness after turning.
- Serve immediately.