This Sheet Pan Chocolate Toffee Butter Cake is topped with a fudge frosting is a made-from-scratch dessert rock star. The buttery cake is filled with toffee bits and mini chocolate chips that are mixed into the batter. After baking it's topped with a fudge-like chocolate ganache and sprinkled with more toffee bits. It's a single layer cake that's a true crowd pleaser with plenty to go around for everyone to enjoy.
Sheet Pan Chocolate Toffee Butter Cake with Fudge Frosting
When it comes to potlucks or big family gatherings a cake like this sheet pan chocolate toffee cake can go a long way. I've found that single layer cakes are always a crowd favorite since they allow the true sweets fans to have room for more than one dessert. That's always a win, if you ask me. I mean, have you ever seen a Mississippi Mud Cake that didn't disappear in the blink of an eye? I can say firsthand that I haven't.
Helpful Tips for Making Sheet Pan Butter Cake
- I bake this cake in a jelly roll pan and it works like a charm. If you don't have a jelly roll pan, a 13 x 9-inch cake pan will work, of course.
- Keep in mind, that if you choose to bake this in a standard 13 x 9 inch pan, the result will be a thicker cake and it will require longer time to bake. Always test the center with a toothpick baking until it comes back clean.
- Once baked, cool the cake completely then top it with the chocolate fudge frosting and a sprinkling of toffee bits for crunch and you'll be good to go.
- Thrill your family for breakfast with these Sheet Pan Pancakes from Belly Full.
Other Sheet Cake Recipes to Add to the Dessert Menu
You may also like these recipes:
- Single layer Red Velvet Snack Cake
- Sheet Pan Pumpkin Snack Cake with a Browned Butter Frosting that's to die for.
- Chocolate lovers Texas Sheet Cake.
- Dreamy Coconut Cream Cake.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Sheet Pan Chocolate Toffee Butter Cake
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon pure almond extract
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 3.4 oz box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 ⅓ cup Bits-O-Brickle English Toffee Bits divided
- Fudge Frosting:
- ¾ cup salted butter
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon pure almond extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Butter and flour a standard 10" x 15" jelly roll pan or spray with baking spray. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter, sugar, vanilla and almond extracts for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at time beating well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, pudding mix, baking powder and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients and buttermilk alternately beginning and ending with flour. Repeat until all has been added. Stop and scrape the sides of the bowl periodically.
- Use a large spatula to mix the chocolate chips and 1 cup toffee bits in by hand until evenly distributed in batter.
- Spread into the prepared jelly roll pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes back clean.
- Meanwhile,on the stovetop in a small heavy bottomed saucepan over medium heat melt together the butter, heavy cream and cocoa until smooth.
- Remove from the heat and add the almond extract. Use a hand mixer to gradually beat in the powdered sugar.
- Spread over the cooled cake then sprinkle with remaining toffee bits.
- Store chilled bring to room temperature for serving.