These chewy candy bar filled Bodacious Butterfinger Bars are a loaded cookie bar that’s ideal for a kids parties, tailgating, potluck gatherings or you add them to your holiday baking plans year-round. Filled with a copious amount of chopped Butterfinger candy bars, they’re chewy, rich and scrumptious.
Cookies And Cookie Bars Never Last Long In Our Cookie Jar
I love making cookie bars in pretty much any and every flavor and these Bodacious Butterfinger Bars are a personal favorite. Chocolate and peanut butter is a classic flavor combination that never just never gets old. These Butterfinger Bars are a super easy cookie bar to put together and they’re incredible warm or cold. The cookie dough batter is moist and chewy and the butterfinger nougat melts into the batter giving it a distinct flavor and texture.
Serve These Bodacious Butterfinger Bars For Any Occasion
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Bodacious Butterfinger Bars
- 1 cup unsalted butter 2 sticks
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled Butterfingers divided [about 12 snack size or 4 full size]
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spritz a metal non stick 9 x 13 inch pan with baking spray. Set aside.
- On the stove top, melt together the butter and brown sugar. Cook over low heat for 2 minutes until the sugar is dissolved, then remove to a mixing bowl to cool.
- After 5-10 minutes, beat the eggs into the brown sugar-butter mixture, one at a time.
- Add the vanilla. If the mixture is just warm to the touch, it's fine to add the eggs.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the wet ingredients.
- Beat with a hand mixer for 2-3 minutes until fully combined.
- Mix in 1 cup of crushed Butterfingers by hand.
- Pour into the prepared pan, and sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of crushed Butterfingers on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Test the center with a toothpick before removing from the oven. Look for moist crumbs, not a clean toothpick. Do not over bake.
- Cool to room temperature in the pan on a wire rack before cutting.