Fans of the spicy-sweet flavor combination will flip for these melt-in-your mouth snickerdoodle cookie bars! Snickerdoodle cookies have been a lifelong favorite, so I decided to turn them into a cookie bar for the ease of preparation. The melt-in-your mouth texture along with the sweet and spicy cinnamon sugar topping makes these cookie bars the perfect sweet treat for kids of all ages.
In developing this recipe, I chose to use a combination of granulated and powdered sugar in the dough. I loved the melt-in-your-mouth texture the powdered sugar gave to the cookies bars. Being an avid hot tea drinker, the vanilla cookie topped with the cinnamon and sugar makes these snickerdoodles a delightful accompaniment to a cup of hot tea or coffee. Fill your cookie jar with these and watch them disappear!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars
- 1 cup butter softened (2 sticks)
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar divided
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cream of tarter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2-3 tsp ground cinnamon See Cook's note
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. :Liberally spray a non-stick 9 x 13-inch metal baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer cream together the butter, 1 cup sugar and powdered sugar with the vanilla. Beat for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, cream of tarter, salt and nutmeg. Turn the mixer to low speed and gradually add to the mixer until all has been added. Increase the speed and beat until fully combined about 1 minute.
- Spread the dough evenly into the pan.
- Mix together the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center shows moist crumbs.
- Cool completely on a cooling rack. Store at room temperature tightly sealed.