Fans of the spicy-sweet flavor combination will flip for these melt-in-your mouth snickerdoodle cookie bars. The melt-in-your mouth texture along with the sweet and spicy cinnamon sugar topping makes these cookie bars the perfect sweet treat for kids of all ages.
Easy Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars Recipe
Snickerdoodle cookies have been a lifelong personal favorite so I wanted to create a cookie bar version for ease of preparation. In developing this recipe, I chose to use a combination of granulated and powdered sugar for the dough. Combining the two lends a tender crumb to the finished product. The powdered sugar gives a melt-in-your-mouth texture to the cookies bars that makes them irresistible. You’ll note that classic snickerdoodle cookies are typically rolled in a cinnamon sugar combination before baking, but for these bars the mixture is sprinkled on top. Ingredients you’ll need to make Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars: (Scroll down for full printable recipe.)
- Flour – 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour.
- Leavening – cream of tarter and baking soda
- Ground nutmeg
- Sugar – Granulated sugar and powdered sugar.
- Butter- Salted or unsalted butter.
- Eggs – Two large eggs.
- Vanilla extract
- Cinnamon Sugar Topping – Granulated sugar and ground cinnamon.
How to Make the BEST Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars Recipe
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: 13 x 9 inch baking pan, either a hand mixer or a stand mixer, large bowl, medium bowl, whisk, measuring cups and spoons and small bowl to mix the cinnamon sugar topping.
- How do you make Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars: Begin by sifting together all purpose flour, baking soda, cream of tarter and nutmeg.
- Next, cream together softened butter with granulated sugar, powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add the eggs one at a time. Stop and scrape the sides of the bowl periodically.
- Lower the speed of the mixer and gradually add the sifted dry ingredients beating to combine.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Mix together sugar and cinnamon for the topping then sprinkle on top and bake per the recipe.
- When making the topping begin with two teaspoons of cinnamon and taste. Add more to your taste.
- Test the center of the cookie bars with a toothpick before removing them from the oven. You should see moist crumbs.
- Serve these bars with a cup of hot tea, coffee or cold milk.
- Store Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
More Cookie Bar Recipes to Make
- Bodacious Butterfinger Bars are buttery and rich.
- Easy Cherry Pie Crumb Bars begin with a cake mix.
- Loaded Turtle Cookie Bars drizzled with warm chocolate.
- Hello Dolly Bars are impossible to resist.
- Praline Pecan Bars are ideal for holidays, picnics and tea parties.
- Pineapple Coconut Chess Bars melt in your mouth.
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Pecan Bars are delicious served while the chocolate is still warm.
- Crème Brulee Cookie Bars from Crazy for Crust.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp cream of tarter
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- Cinnamon Sugar Topping:
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2-3 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Liberally spray a non-stick 13 x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, use a whisk to sift together flour, cream of tarter, baking soda salt and nutmeg.
- Using an electric mixer on medium high speed cream together granulated sugar, powdered sugar and butter with vanilla for 2 minutes or until fully combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Stop and scrape the bowl occasionally.
- Lower the speed of the mixer and gradually add the sifted dry ingredients. After all has been added, increase to medium-high beating just until fully incorporated. Press cookie dough evenly into prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together granulated sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over the top of the cookie dough.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center shows moist crumbs.
- Cool in the pan on a cooling rack. Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.