These Easy Cherry Pie Crumb Bars are a simple-to-make bite size treat and require just a few pantry ingredients to pull together. They begin with a cake mix, tossed with melted butter, an egg and oats then topped with cherry pie filling. Serve them at room temperature or while they’re still warm topped with a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream. They’re so very simple they’re bound to become a baking success story for bakers of all skill levels.
I’m always thinking and dreaming about the recipes to share with you here on my website. I recalled a conversation I had recently with a friend saying she had made raspberry crumb bars using cake mix. I’ve doctored cookie mix in the past to make cookie bars but, not cake mix. I can see why using this technique would be appealing as it truly comes together in minutes with little measuring and no special equipment. I chose to make these with cherry pie filling but, you could fill them with apple, blueberry or strawberry as well depending on the occasion.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Easy Cherry Pie Crumb Bars
- 1 15-oz box white or yellow cake mix
- 3/4 cup quick cooking oats divided
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or almonds
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 large legg
- 1 21 oz can premium cherry pie filling
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly spritz the bottom and 1-inch up the side of a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl using a fork sift together the cake mix, 1/2 cup oats and chopped nuts.
- Add the melted butter and egg. Mix until fully moistened. Remove 1 cup mixture to a separate bowl.
- Press the remaining dough onto the bottom of the dish. Bake for 15 minutes.
- While the bottom crust is baking add the remaining 1/4 cup oats to the reserved dough. Mix just until incorporated and crumbly.
- After 15 minutes remove from the oven and spread the pie filling over the crust. Sprinkle with the crumb topping.
- Bake for an additional 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Cut into 16 squares or 32 triangles and serve warm with ice cream or at room temperature.
- Store tightly sealed chilled or at room temperature.