This Spanish Olive Pimiento Cheese Spread is a bit of a riff on our classic Southern pimiento cheese. It’s a mouthwatering starter for a casual gathering or served as a fancy appetizer for the holidays.
Spanish Olive Pimiento Cheese Spread Recipe
Pimiento cheese is often referred to as Southern Pâté. I absolutely adore pimento cheese or, the proper way to spell it “pimiento” cheese. I never claimed I was trying to be proper so, you’ll see it spelled both ways in my recipe index. I’m not talking a mild fondness, I mean seriously in love for life. Pimiento cheese is comfort food to me as I grew-up with a container chilling in the fridge ready for sandwiches or snacking any-time of day. A trip to my Grandma’s wouldn’t have been complete without eating classic pimiento cheese slathered on buttery Ritz crackers. It’s a childhood memory I savor in the most literal sense.
How to Make the Best Spanish Olive Pimiento Cheese Spread
This homemade pimiento cheese recipe is a simple option to make any time you need quick snacks and appetizers. The only difficult part is giving it enough time to chill thoroughly which allows the flavor combination to come to life. Grab some crackers, bread, chips or celery and it’s a party waiting to happen.
- What are pimentos? Pimentos are a small Spanish red bell pepper that has a mild flavor. It’s what gives Southern pimiento cheese it’s flavor.
- How is this recipe different from classic Southern pimento cheese recipes? The addition of Spanish olives is what sets this variation apart. It adds a fun twist that takes minutes to make.
- This pimiento cheese spread is also made using sharp white cheddar cheese which gives it a different color.
- You can store this pimiento cheese spread in an airtight container well chilled in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Other recipes you may like to try are my Pimento Cheese BLT Wraps for lunches and quick meals.
- Add this recipe for Pimento Cheese Beer Bread to your sandwich menu and these Baked Pimiento Cheese Tomatoes are a riff on baked tomatoes the family will love.
- You may also enjoy this recipe for 2 ingredient Olive Spread from Belly Full.
Serving Suggestions for Easy Spanish Olive Pimiento Cheese Spread
- Serve this spread on ribs of celery for a low carb treat.
- You can also enjoy it slathered on garlic crostini, on toasted sesame seed crackers or with Fritos and pretzels for dipping.
- On busy days turn it into a delicious sandwich and grilled cheese or stuff it into a slider roll or a croissant. It’s a spectacular way to avoid turning on appliances that heat-up the kitchen keeping meal prep to a minimum. It’s a win-win meal solution.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Spanish Olive Pimiento Cheese Spread
- 1 lb sharp white cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 3 oz jar pimento stuffed green olives, drained well and roughly chopped (Reserve 1 Tbsp juice)
- 1 cup real mayonnaise I use Dukes
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 2 green onion finely chopped
- Shred the cheese, set aside.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, reserved olive juice, garlic powder, onion powder and dry mustard.
- By hand mix-in the shredded cheese, chopped olives and green onion. Mix until fully combined.
- Place into an airtight container and chill for 3 hours or overnight.
- Serve with sesame crackers, crostini or pita triangles.