Creamy Three Cheese Pimento Cheese
Servings: 3 Cups
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded colby cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 4 oz jar diced pimentos drained [reserve 2 Tbsp of juice]
- 1 1/2-2 cups real mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup half & half
- 1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, half and half and pimento juice until all lumps have completely dissolved. Start with 1 1/2 cups of mayonnaise and reserve the rest to add later, if you'd like a smoother consistency.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Continue to whisk until the seasonings are fully incorporated.
- Add all of the shredded cheese. Use a spoon or spatula and mix well.
- Add the drained pimentos. Fold the pimentos into the mixture gently.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight to allow the flavors to combine.
If you choose to use pre-shredded cheese, you may need to increase the amount of mayonnaise. The pre-shredded cheeses are much drier than freshly grated cheese. I recommend starting with 1 1/2 cups of mayo and increasing to suit your taste.