The South's Love of Pimento Cheese
Helpful Tips for Making Creamy Three Cheese Pimento Cheese
- It's really best to use freshly grated cheese for this recipe. You'll end up with a much more moist and flavorful end result.
- Allow ample time for the pimento cheese to chill so, the flavors can fully marry.
- Pimento cheese doesn't have to be reserved only for snacking, it can be used on grilled burgers or chicken, turned into a pimento cheese blt wrap or a Southern style grilled cheese on homemade artisan white bread.
- You may also enjoy this recipe for Cheddar Cheese Straws from Southern Living.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Creamy Three Cheese Pimento Cheese
Servings: 4 Cups
- 1 ½ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ cups shredded colby cheese
- 1 ½ cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 4 oz jar diced pimentos drained [reserve 2 Tbsp of juice]
- 1 ½-2 cups real mayonnaise
- ¼ cup half and half optional
- ¼ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, half and half and pimento juice until all lumps have completely dissolved. Start with 1 ½ cups of mayonnaise and reserve the rest to add later, if you'd like a smoother consistency.
- Add Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Continue to whisk until the seasonings are fully incorporated. To the bowl add shredded cheese. Switch to a spatula, mixing well. Fold in pimentos.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours preferably overnight, to allow the flavors to marry.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container chilled.
If you choose to use pre-shredded cheese, you may need to increase the amount of mayonnaise. The pre-shredded cheeses are much drier than freshly grated cheese. I recommend starting with 1 ½ cups of mayo and increasing to suit your taste.