Creamy Three Cheese Pimento Cheese
Author: Melissa Sperka
Serves: 3 Cups
- 1½ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1½ cups shredded colby cheese
- 1½ cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 4 oz jar diced pimentos, drained [reserve 2 Tbsp of juice]
- 1½-2 cups real mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup half & half
- ¼ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, half and half and pimento juice until all lumps have completely dissolved. Start with 1½ cups of mayonnaise and reserve the rest to add later, if you'd like a smoother consistency.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Continue to whisk until the seasonings are fully incorporated.
- Add all of the shredded cheese. Use a spoon or spatula and mix well.
- Add the drained pimentos. Fold the pimentos into the mixture gently.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight to allow the flavors to combine.
If you choose to use pre-shredded cheese, you may need to increase the amount of mayonnaise. The pre-shredded cheeses are much drier than freshly grated cheese. I recommend starting with 1½ cups of mayo and increasing to suit your taste.