This stuffed Pimento Cheese BLT Wrap is a stellar option for serving as an appetizer, lunch on-the-go or between meal snacking.
The South Loves Pimento Cheese
Southerners are well known for our love of pimento cheese. It's often referred to as Southern "pate." My Mom and Gramma's kept a tub of pimento cheese in the fridge at all times for quick meals and snacking. We slathered it on celery, scooped it with pretzels or corn chips, or simply spread on white bread. They would sometimes cut sandwiches into tiny triangles and serve them as an appetizer or snack.
Helpful Tips for Making Pimento Cheese BLT Wraps
- I recommend using a crisp green leaf lettuce and plump Roma tomatoes diced into small cubes for this wrap.
- After dicing the tomatoes, let them rest for a few minutes on doubled paper towels to give them time to release some juice. This will help prevent the wrap from becoming soggy.
- When making these, I often turn to my technique for Oven Fried Bacon to save on clean-up.
- I recommend using a thick slice bacon and sprinkled freshly ground black pepper over the bacon before baking.
- Please note, depending on the size of the wraps you choose to use the yield will vary slightly.
- The pimento cheese takes minutes to whip-up but, should be made in advance to allow the flavors to truly combine.
- These wraps can be made in advance and sliced into pinwheels if, serving as an appetizer. They can also be cut in half or smaller portions for snacking and meals.
Other Pimento Cheese Recipes to Try
Pimento cheese is the equivalent of comfort food for me and I've passed that love on to my own children who adore it as well. When lettuce is combined with cheese on a wrap it seems to result in one of the few ways I can get my kids to eat vegetables. Other cheesy delights to try:
- Pimento Cheese Beer Bread
- Fully Loaded Hot Pimento Cheese Dip
- Peppered Herb Pimiento Cheese Ball
- Pimento Cheese Biscuits from White Lily Flour
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Pimento Cheese BLT Wrap
- 1 16 oz jar real mayonnaise [ i.e. Dukes]
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt adjust to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 4 oz jar diced pimentos with liquid
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded white sharp cheddar cheese
- 18 slices thick cut bacon cooked
- 5 medium Roma tomatoes diced
- 18 leaves green leaf lettuce
- 6 - 8 extra large plain burrito or sandwich wraps
- To make the pimento cheese: In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, pepper, garlic and onion powders.
- Gently fold in both shredded cheese and pimento with liquid. Mix with a spatula until fully combined. Place into an airtight container and chill for at least 4 hours preferably overnight.
- To assemble: Place 3 lettuce leaves on the lower third of the wrap. Sprinkle with diced tomato.
- Spread pimento cheese over the tomato and place 3 slices of bacon on top. Roll tightly ending seam side down.
- Wrap individually in plastic wrap and chill until serving or cut on the diagonal and serve immediately.