These Parmesan Panko Sugar Snap Peas will rock your side dish menu. They're tossed with olive oil, grated Parmesan cheese and panko breadcrumbs they're roasted in the oven until crispy and golden. You can easily double this recipe when needed, and they are certain to be complementary to a variety of entrées.
Easy Parmesan Panko Sugar Snap Peas Recipe
I love roasting vegetables for our side dishes often. I know people think Southerners fry everything, but that's not always the case. For me, oven frying and roasting vegetables until crisp and golden are two of my absolute favorite cooking techniques. Just like this recipe for sugar snap peas, broccoli and cauliflower are also delicious roasted in the oven. How do you make the best roasted sugar snap peas? Checkout these tips:
- Ingredients you'll need to make the best recipe for Sugar Snap Peas: 4 cups of fresh sugar snap peas, panko breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, olive oil, onion powder, lemon pepper and garlic salt.
- When roasting any peas in the oven it's important to arrange these sugar snap peas in a single layer on the baking pan so they'll bake crisp and golden and not steam. Stacked peas will steam rather than roast.
- I don't recommend roasting frozen sugar snap peas. Fresh is best.
- Should you choose to double the recipe, don't crowd the pan. It's best to use two pans instead to give them plenty of room to crisp in the oven.
- It's very little trouble to grate fresh Parmesan cheese. It makes the world of difference in flavor and you'll never go back to the canned stuff again.
- I've never found it necessary to blanch the sugar snap peas prior to roasting. Give them a good cleaning and let it dry on the counter on paper towels for a bit before proceeding with the recipe.
- I don't typically serve these roasted sugar snap peas with a sauce but you could. A drizzle of sweet hot Asian chili sauce or a brown sugar Teriyaki marinade would both be yummy.
- While these peas are best made and eaten, you can store leftover roasted sugar snap peas for up to 2 days in the refrigerator, Store in a container lined with a paper towel to absorb moisture.
- You can reheat leftover roasted panko Parmesan sugar snap peas on a sheet pan in a preheat 375°F oven for a few minutes. You can also reheat in single portions in the microwave. Please note when doing so, the crumbs will not stay crisp once they've been chilled.
Southern Style Main Dishes to Serve with Parmesan Panko Sugar Snap Peas Recipe
There's no end to the meals these roasted sugar snap peas will complement. You can serve these crispy oven roasted peas alongside:
- Garlic Butter Steak Bites and it becomes an impressive 30 minute meal.
- Restaurant quality Lemon Butter Chicken will have you dining al fresco at home.
- Asian inspired Teriyaki Steak Bites are a natural fit for this sugar snap peas.
- They also pair well with comfort foods like Mini Barbecue Meatloaves, Grilled Chili Lime Chicken or sweet and spicy Peach Glazed Pork Chops.
- You may also enjoy this recipe for Grilled Balsamic Pork Kabobs from Rachel Ray Mag.
Thank for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Parmesan Panko Sugar Snap Peas
- 4 cups fresh sugar snap peas ends removed
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅓ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spray a non-stick baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place the sugar snap peas in a medium-size mixing bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and toss.
- Add the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, lemon pepper, onion powder and garlic salt. Toss until the peas are lightly coated.
- Spread in a single layer on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with any loose crumbs.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until tender and the crumbs have browned.
- Serve immediately.