These Parmesan Panko Sugar Snap Peas will rock your side dish menu. For this dish sweet sugar snap peas are tossed with olive oil, grated Parmesan and crisy panko breadcrumbs then roasted in the oven until golden. You can easily double this recipe when needed and they go with so many entrees, they’re sure to become a regular on your side dish rotation.
I love roasting vegetables as a rule of thumb. I know people think in the South we fry everything but, I can honestly say oven frying or roasting is my absolute favorite cooking technique. There are a few things to remember, it’s important to keep these snap peas in a single layer on the baking pan. So, if you’re doubling, don’t crowd the pan use two instead to give them plenty of room. Also, go to the very little trouble of grating the Parmesan yourself. It makes the world of difference and you’ll never go back to the canned stuff again. Serve these with steak and baked potatoes, Asian dishes, meatloaf, grilled chicken, glazed pork chops and beyond there’s no end to the meals these roasted sugar snap peas will compliment.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Parmesan Panko Sugar Snap Peas
- 4 cups fresh sugar snap peas ends removed
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spray a non-stick baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place the sugar snap peas in a medium-size mixing bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and toss.
- Add the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, lemon pepper, onion powder and garlic salt. Toss until the peas are lightly coated.
- Spread in a single layer on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with any loose crumbs.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until tender and the crumbs have browned.
- Serve immediately.