These two bite Pecan Tassies are a popular sweet Southern treat. They're made in mini muffin pans, making them perfect for holidays, tea parties and any event when bite size sweets are on the menu.
Easy Pecan Tassies Recipe
Pecan Tassies are made in a mini muffin pan and considered to be a hybrid between a cookie and pecan pie. How do you make Pecan Tassies? The buttery shortbread crust made with softened butter and cream cheese along with flour and ground pecans is filled with a simple filling that consists of brown sugar, toasted chopped pecans, vanilla extract, melted butter and egg. After whisking the filling together and pressing the crust into the pan, fill each well and bake until the filling is set.
How to Make the Best Pecan Tassies Recipe
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Southern Pecan Tassies: All purpose flour, softened butter, softened plain cream cheese and ground pecans for the crust. You'll also need chopped pecans, light brown sugar, melted butter, vanilla extract and one large egg for the filling.
- Kitchen gadgets you'll need: A nonstick 24 cup min muffin pan or two 12 cup mini muffin pans, two medium bowls, a nut chopper or small food processor, a sheet pan to toast the pecans, hand mixer or a stand mixer, a pastry tamper, measuring cups and spoons and a teaspoon or small scoop to divide the crust and filling.
- The pecans for the filling should be fairly small. Not ground as finely as they are for the cream cheese crust, but smaller so they'll fit into the mini muffin shell easily.
- It's worth the small amount of effort it takes to toast the pecans prior to grinding them to add to the crust and chopping for the filling. It adds that depth of flavor that makes these so very delicious.
- You can store these Pecan Tassies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days. It's best to store them chilled as they'll stay fresh longer, for up to one week.
- You can also bake and cool the tassies then freeze them for up to 3 months. Due to their small size they thaw quickly when you need a dessert in a snap.
More Single Serving Dessert Recipes to Make
When you're hosting or attending a gathering that features a plethora of desserts, bite size desserts are the perfect solution. They allow you to sample more than one dessert enjoying a bite of all that's being offered. More mini dessert recipes you may also like to try:
- Individual Mini Peanut Butter S'mores Pies.
- Blackberries and Cream Mini Pound Cakes are topped with a dollop of lemon infused cream cheese.
- Mini Pumpkin Pies are for those who want to sample everything on the dessert table.
- These Caramel Apple Mini Pies are made in a muffin pan.
- German Chocolate Tartlets are cute and super simple to make due to a shortcut hack using canned frosting.
- Scratch made Meltaway Brownie Bites melt in your mouth.
- White Chocolate Mojito Cheesecake Tarts are a two bite delight.
- Mini Chocolate Cream Pies from Recipe Girl.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
- ½ cup salted butter softened
- 4 oz plain cream cheese softened
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup finely ground pecans
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoon salted butter melted and cooled slightly
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Have nearby a nonstick 24 cup mini muffin pan lightly spritzed with cooking spray.
- To make the crust: In a medium size bowl use an electric mixer to beat together butter and cream cheese until fully blended. Add flour and ground pecans, mix on low speed just until combined and a soft dough forms.
- Press a rounded teaspoon full onto the bottom and sides of each mini muffin cup. Use a small scoop to divided the dough and a pastry tamper or similar tool dipped in flour to flatten.
- To make the filling: In a medium bowl whisk together brown sugar, chopped pecans, butter, vanilla and egg until blended.
- Divide filling evenly between the muffin cups. (about 1 generous teaspoon full)
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the centers are set when gently shaken.
- Run a knife around the edge to loosen and cool in the pan on a cooling rack for 5 minutes then carefully remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or chilled in the refrigerator for 1 week.
Leave a Reply