This Chocolate Chip Toffee Pecan Pie is sure to satisfy everyone's sweets craving. It's filled with chocolate, toffee chips and glorious pecans. Serve it slightly warm drizzled with ganache a scoop of ice cream for a bite of dessert heaven.
There's So Much To Love About Chocolate Chip Toffee Pecan Pie
This pie is reminiscent of a Derby Pie and the addition of toffee chips adds another dimension of flavor. The toffee melts while the pie is baking and mingles with the sugar and butter to form a gooey caramel layer. One bite and you'll understand how that small addition takes this pie over-the-top.
Helpful Tips for Making Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie
- Southern pecans shine in this pie but you can use walnuts or any of your favorite nuts in their place.
- I recommend that you use a frozen pie crust due to the length of time it requires to bake. It helps keep the edges from over baking.
- If you use a homemade crust, check it halfway through baking and cover the edges of the crust, if needed to avoid over browning.
- The chocolate ganache drizzle is gilding the lily, but it's so very good.
- Chocolate ganache is optional, but ice cream isn't.
Can This Pie Be Made In Advance?
Yes, it can be made in advance. When doing so, allow it to cool completely, then reheat each piece and drizzle with chocolate ganache just before serving.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Chocolate Chip Toffee Pecan Pie
- 1 9 inch deep dish pie crust frozen
- ⅔ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup butter melted and cooled
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1 ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips divided
- ⅓ cup chocolate covered or plain English toffee bits
- 3 tablespoon heavy cream plus additional as needed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the frozen pie crust on a cookie sheet.
- In a medium mixing bow. whisk together the flour, melted butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, beaten eggs, vanilla and salt until combined.
- Mix in the pecan pieces, 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and English toffee bits. Stir until evenly distributed.
- Spread evenly into the pie crust.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350°F then lower the oven temperature to 325°F and continue to bake for 20 minutes until the center has puffed up.
- Cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Serve drizzled with warm chocolate ganache and a scoop of vanilla ice cream, if desired.
- Optional chocolate ganache: Melt together ½ cup chocolate chips with 3 tablespoon heavy cream in the microwave in 20 second increments stopping to stir each time. Repeat until smooth. Serve drizzles over warm pieces of pie and vanilla ice cream, if desired.