Chocolate Chip Toffee Pecan Pie – This pie has something in it to satisfy everyone’s sweet tooth. Chocolate, toffee chips and nuts. The toffee chips add another dimension of flavor by melting and mingling with the sugar and butter to form a gooey caramel layer. When preparing this pie, I like to make a day in advance and cool it completely. I then reheat each piece and drizzle with chocolate ganache just before serving with a scoop of ice cream.
It’s not only more convenient but, the pieces cut more easily and evenly. I use our beloved Southern pecans in this pie but of course, you could use walnuts or any of your favorite nuts in their place. I also typically make this with a frozen pie crust due to the length of time it requires to bake without over baking the edges of the pie crust. If you use a homemade crust, check it halfway through baking and cover the edges of the crust, if needed. Admittedly, the chocolate ganache drizzle is gilding the lily but it’s so very good! The chocolate ganache is optional but ice cream isn’t.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Chocolate Chip Toffee Pecan Pie
- 1  inch deep dish pie crust frozen
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips divided
- 1/3 cup chocolate covered or plain English toffee bits
- 3 Tbsp heavy cream plus additional as needed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the frozen pie crust on a cookie sheet.
- In a medium mixing bow. whisk together the flour, melted butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, beaten eggs, vanilla and salt until combined.
- Mix in the pecan pieces, 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and English toffee bits. Stir until evenly distributed.
- Spread evenly into the pie crust.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350°F then lower the oven temperature to 325°F and continue to bake for 20 minutes until the center has puffed up.
- Cool on a cooling rack.
- Serve drizzled with warm chocolate ganache and a scoop of vanilla ice cream, if desired.
- Optional chocolate ganache: Melt together 1/2 cup chocolate chips with 3 Tbsp heavy cream in the microwave in 20 second increments stopping to stir each time. Repeat until smooth. Serve drizzles over warm pieces of pie and vanilla ice cream, if desired.