This Chocolate Chip Toffee Pecan Pie is sure to satisfy everyone’s sweets craving. It’s filled with chocolate, toffee chips and glorious pecans. Serve it slightly warm drizzled with ganache a scoop of ice cream for a bite of dessert heaven.
Easy Chocolate Chip Toffee Pecan Pie Recipe
This pie is reminiscent of a Derby Pie and the addition of toffee chips adds another dimension of flavor. The toffee melts while the pie is baking and mingles with the sugar and butter to form a gooey caramel layer. How to make simple Chocolate Chip Pie with Pecans:
- Crust – One 9 inch deep dish pie crust either frozen or homemade.
- Filling – All purpose flour, salted or unsalted butter, salt, light brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Eggs – 2 large eggs.
- Flavoring – Vanilla extract.
- Mix-ins – Chopped pecan pieces, semi-sweet chocolate chips and chocolate covered or plain English toffee bits.
- Heavy cream.
How to Make the BEST Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie Recipe
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: Deep dish pie pan, medium bowl, measuring cups and spoons, small bowls, whisk, sheet pan, nut chopper or sharp knife and cutting board.
- Southern pecans shine in this pie but you can use walnuts, almonds or any of your favorite nuts in their place.
- There’s no need to thaw a frozen pie shell prior to baking.
- I recommend that you use a frozen pie crust due to the length of time it requires to bake. It helps keep the edges from over baking and it makes this pie come together in minutes.
- If you prefer a homemade crust, checkout my recipe for Flaky Pie Crust. You’ll need to dock the bottom and blind bake a homemade crust for 8 minutes prior to filling.
- You could swap out dark chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips for the semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Check the pie halfway through baking and cover the edges of the crust with foil if needed, to avoid over browning.
- For a timesaver, this pie can be assembled and baked in advance. When doing so, allow it to cool completely, then reheat each piece and drizzle with chocolate ganache just before serving.
- The chocolate ganache drizzle is gilding the lily, but it’s so very good. You can top this pie with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
- Store baked Chocolate Chip Toffee Pecan Pie chilled in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or at room temperature for 3 days.
More Easy Pie Recipes to Make
- Classic Southern Pecan Pie is a winning dessert choice for any occasion.
- Serve a big piece of Apple Crumb Pie warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Homemade Lemon Meringue Pie is like enjoying a bite of sunshine.
- Southern Buttermilk Pie remains an all time favorite in kitchen all over the South.
- Chocolate Chess Pie is impossible to resist.
- Mile High Banana Cream Pie is proof that no skimpy pie is ever allowed in my kitchen.
- Scratch made Blueberry Pie topped with a pretty lattice crust.
- Blackberry Pie from Southern Living.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Chocolate Chip Toffee Pecan Pie
- 1 9 inch deep dish pie crust frozen
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup roughly chopped pecan pieces
- 1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips divided use
- 1/3 cup chocolate covered or plain English toffee bits
- 3 Tbsp heavy cream plus additional as needed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the frozen pie crust on a cookie sheet. (No need to thaw.)
- Pie: In a medium mixing bowl whisk together flour, melted butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, beaten eggs, vanilla and salt until combined.
- Mix in the pecan pieces, 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and English toffee bits. Stir until evenly distributed. Pour the filling evenly into the pie crust.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350°F then lower the oven temperature to 325°F and continue to bake for 20 minutes until the center has puffed up.
- Cool completely on a cooling rack to room temperature.
- Serve drizzled with warm chocolate ganache and a scoop of vanilla ice cream, if desired.
- Chocolate Ganache: Melt together reserved 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips with 3 Tbsp heavy cream in a microwave safe bowl in 20 second increments stopping to stir each time. Repeat until smooth. Serve drizzled over warm pieces of pie and serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, if desired. (Optional)