Divan is a beloved rice casserole that's been rotating through Southern kitchens for eons. This Turkey Broccoli Rice Divan can be made with either turkey or chicken. It's a fabulous way to transform leftovers during the holidays into a round 2 meal. The crunchy topping makes this a one-dish meal the family is certain to love.
Turkey Broccoli And Rice Divan
What Gives Divan it's Distinctive Flavor?
As with any "divan" it's the curry powder that gives the unique flavor profile.Curry is a blend of 10 or more different spices, and offers a complex combination of flavors. Generally speaking, the more red the curry powder the more heat you'll experience. For this casserole, I recommend that you start with ½ tsp then adjust to your personal taste. When baked in individual casseroles, I think the presentation is so pretty. On busy days, this make ahead one-dish-meal is sure to satisfy. You may also like this recipe for Turkey Hash from Boulder Locavore.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Turkey Broccoli Rice Divan
- 3 cups cooked yellow rice
- 3 cups roughly chopped roast turkey Or chicken
- 1 10 ¾ oz can cream of chicken with herbs soup
- 1 10 ¾ oz can broccoli cheese soup
- 1 12 oz can evaporated milk
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 2 oz jar diced pimentos drained
- 4 medium green onions thinly sliced
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp curry powder adjust to taste
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese divided
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets steamed
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 13 x 99 baking dish with cooking spray. Or, you can bake this casserole in  individual [8-10 oz] casseroles.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the rice, turkey, both soups, milk, mayonnaise, pimentos, green onion, garlic salt, onion powder, curry powder and 11/2 cups cheese.
- Pour into the baking dish. Sprinkle the top with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Toss the panko breadcrumbs with melted butter and sprinkle evenly on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the topping is golden and the edges are bubbly.