This Turkey Broccoli Rice Divan can be made with either turkey or chicken. It’s a fabulous way to transform leftovers during the holidays into a round two meal. The crunchy buttery panko topping makes this a one dish meal that the family is certain to love.
Easy Turkey Broccoli and Rice Divan Recipe
Turkey is a year-round happening at our home. We love it for sandwiches and at times I transform it into a round two meal like this Turkey Divan. Chicken Divan is a dish I enjoy making and this recipe is a tasty way to use holiday leftovers in an unexpected way. To make Turkey Broccoli Rice Divan with leftover turkey:
- Turkey – Roughly chopped roasted turkey or rotisserie chicken.
- Rice – Cooked yellow rice.
- Soup – One can cream of chicken with herbs soup or classic cream of chicken and one can broccoli cheese soup.
- Milk – Evaporated milk.
- Mix-ins – Mayonnaise, diced pimentos, green onions and steamed broccoli florets.
- Seasonings – Garlic salt, onion powder and curry powder. You can adjust the curry powder to your taste.
- Cheese – Shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- Topping – Panko breadcrumbs and melted butter.
How to Make the Best Turkey Broccoli Rice Divan Recipe
What Gives Turkey Divan its Distinctive Flavor? As with any “divan” it’s the curry powder that gives the unique flavor profile. Curry is a blend of 10 or more different spices, and offers a complex combination of flavors. Generally speaking, the more red the curry powder the more heat you’ll experience. On busy days, this make ahead one-dish-meal is sure to satisfy.
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Turkey Broccoli Rice Divan: Chopped leftover turkey (OR chicken), 3 cups cooled saffron or yellow rice, one can cream of chicken and herbs soup, one can cream of broccoli soup, evaporated milk, mayonnaise, pimentos, broccoli florets, garlic salt, onion powder, curry powder, green onions, shredded cheddar cheese, panko breadcrumbs and melted butter.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: One large bowl, one small bowl, whisk, cheese grater, measuring cups and spoons, sharp knife and cutting board and one 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- I don’t cook often with canned soups but they work like a charm in this recipe. You can use regular cream of chicken soup if you’re unable to find the kind seasoned with herbs. You could use two cans and omit the broccoli soup. You can also use broccoli cheese soup.
- You can adapt this recipe using another flavor of cheese than cheddar.
- You can also use cooked chicken in place of turkey with no other adjustments needed.
- For this casserole, I recommend that you start with 1/2 teaspoon of curry powder then taste and adjust to your personal taste.
- You can bake this recipe in a 13 x 9 inch casserole dish or 6 eight ounce ramekins. When baked in individual serving baking dishes the presentation is so pretty.
- Store Turkey Broccoli Rice Divan chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in single servings in the microwave.
More Turkey Recipes to Make
Whether it’s leftover turkey, deli turkey or ground turkey there are many ways to add it to your weekday meal rotation. A few more recipes using turkey that you may also like to try:
- Oven Roasted Turkey Recipe is sure to be the star of your holiday table.
- Cheesy Turkey Cranberry Crescent Ring is a family favorite!
- Best ever Chipotle Turkey Chili will warm you up from the inside out.
- Turkey Meatloaf Muffins made in a muffin pan.
- Slow Cooked Turkey Breast recipe is tender and juicy.
- Turkey Hash recipe from Boulder Locavore.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Turkey Broccoli Rice Divan
- 3 cups cooked yellow rice
- 3 cups roughly chopped roast turkey Or chicken
- 1 10 3/4 oz can cream of chicken with herbs soup
- 1 10 3/4 oz can broccoli cheese soup
- 1 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 2 oz jar diced pimentos drained
- 4 medium green onions thinly sliced
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp curry powder adjust to taste
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese divided
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets steamed
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 13 x 99 baking dish with cooking spray. Or, you can bake this casserole in  individual [8-10 oz] casseroles.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the rice, turkey, both soups, milk, mayonnaise, pimentos, green onion, garlic salt, onion powder, curry powder, broccoli and 11/2 cups cheese.
- Pour into the baking dish. Sprinkle the top with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Toss the panko breadcrumbs with melted butter and sprinkle evenly on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the topping is golden and the edges are bubbly.