If you’re lucky enough to have Thanksgiving leftovers or, simply in the mood for holiday flavors, this cheesy Turkey Cranberry Crescent Ring is just what the doctor ordered.
Easy Turkey Cranberry Crescent Ring Recipe
Crescent rolls are so fun to work with in a variety of ways and they’re no less versatile during the holidays. I use them for appetizers such as bacon spinach crescent pinwheels, snacks like my chicken bacon ranch crescent bombs or holiday brunch Hawaiian pineapple coconut crescent braid. You can use them to make this crescent ring to repurpose leftover turkey or use deli turkey for a tasty starter. How to make this simple Turkey Cranberry Crescent Ring:
- Crescent Rolls – You can use one or two cans of crescent rolls depending on how many servings you need with no other adjustments. Unroll the crescent rolls and arrange on a parchment paper lined sheet pan in a circle. The widest portion should be in the middle. Leave the edges overlapping.
- Cream Cheese Layer – In a small bowl, whisk together cream cheese, Dijon and 1 tsp rosemary. Spread this mixture on widest portion of crescent rolls then top with with 1 cup shredded cheese.
- Turkey – You can use Deli turkey or leftover Thanksgiving turkey. This is arranged over cheese, it’s fine if it’s overlapping.
- Cranberry Sauce – Whole berry cranberry sauce works best. Half of the cranberry sauce goes on the crescent ring and the remaining is for serving on the side.
- Shredded Cheese – You can use another variety of cheese in place of Gruyere but it needs to be a sharp flavor to stand out. Sprinkle it over the cranberry sauce to form the edible glue.
- To Assemble – Bring the narrow pointed end of the crescent dough over the filling and tuck into place in the middle. If the dough tears, pinch it back together.
- Butter Mixture – Mix together melted butter, poppy seeds, garlic and salt. Brush it liberally on the top and sides of crescent dough, turkey and cheese.
- Baking- Bake for 22-24 minutes until golden. Rest on pan for 5 minutes.
- Herbs – Rosemary is outstanding in this crescent ring. It’s in the cream cheese filling and it also doubles as a garnish.
How to Make the Best Turkey Cranberry Crescent Ring Recipe
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Turkey Cranberry Crescent Ring: One tube crescent rolls, thinly sliced deli turkey or leftover turkey, whole berry cranberry sauce, softened chive and onion cream cheese, Dijon mustard, shredded Gruyere cheese, chopped fresh rosemary, melted butter, poppy seeds, granulated garlic and salt.
- Kitchen gadgets you’ll need: A large sheet pan, small bowl, measuring cups and spoons, a pastry brush and a cheese grater.
- Crescent rolls are very forgiving. If they tear while you’re assembling the crescent ring simply pinch the dough back together.
- You may find it helpful to place a small oven safe bowl or ramekin in the center of the pan to help keep uniformity when forming the dough into a circle. using any oven safe ramekin means it can go right into the oven while it bakes.
- This recipe makes 8 servings. You can easily double the amount by using 2 tubes of crescent rolls to form a larger ring. The concept is exactly the same, evenly space the points of the triangles, pull over the filling and tuck.
- You can use thinly sliced leftover turkey or deli turkey for this recipe.
- This crescent ring can be fully assembled, covered and chilled until baking. Bring it to room temperature then brush with melted butter, sprinkle with seasonings and bake.
- Store leftover crescent ring chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can enjoy it cold, too!
More Turkey Recipes to Make
Turkey is naturally part of our holiday celebrations, but has its place on our table year-round in other forms. Some recipes you may like to try:
- The kiddos will love these cute as a button Turkey Meatloaf Muffins.
- Cajun 15 Bean Soup with Turkey and Andouille Sausage will warm you up from the inside out.
- Turkey Broccoli Rice Divan is a riff on classic Chicken Divan.
- You’ll love this Kentucky Hot Brown Quiche for brunch.
- If you’re hosting a smaller gathering this Slow Cooked Turkey Breast is just the ticket.
- These crispy fried Turkey Croquettes are a delicious option for using leftover turkey.
- See how to bake a flavorful Oven Roasted Turkey for Thanksgiving this year.
- Caramelized Onion and Turkey Sausage Pizza from My Recipes
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Turkey Cranberry Crescent Ring
- 1 8 oz tube crescent rolls
- 4 oz chive and onion cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary or thyme divided
- 2 cups shredded Gruyere cheese (May use Swiss or Monterey Jack) divided
- 1 lb thinly sliced turkey (leftover or deli turkey)
- 1 14 oz can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- 1/2 tsp poppy seeds
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt (adjust to taste)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment or a silicone baking mat.
- Separate the crescent rolls. Arrange on parchment paper in a circle with widest portion on the inside, edges overlapping.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cream cheese, Dijon and 1 tsp rosemary. Mix well then spread on widest portion of crescent rolls. Sprinkle with 1 cup shredded cheese.
- Arrange turkey over cheese, overlapping. Spread with 1/2 cranberry sauce. Reserve the remainder for serving. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bring narrow end of crescent dough over filling and tuck into place. In a small bowl. mix together melted butter, poppy seeds, garlic and salt. Brush on top and sides of crescent dough, turkey and cheese.
- Bake for 22-24 minutes until golden. Rest on pan for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with reserved 1 1/2 tsp rosemary. slice and serve with remaining cranberry sauce on the side.