This fresh and crunchy Waldorf Chicken Salad is a fantastic way to up your chicken salad game. It’s chocked-full with rotisserie chicken, sweet chunks of apple, red grapes, chewy golden raisins, crisp celery and toasted walnuts all beautifully combined with a homemade dressing. Serve it in wraps, on croissants or on a simple bed of lettuce for a spectacular light meal or for busy day snacking.
Waldorf Chicken Salad Never Disappoints
Chicken salad has many faces and often the direction I go depends on how I’m serving it. This particular variation is fun for warm weather snacking and during apple season when apples of all varieties are in abundance. When planning meals for my boys I can never go wrong making Southern Style Chicken Salad for lunches or serving as an appetizer with crackers. When I’m looking to add a little heat to an occasion, I’m likely to whip-up a batch of Curried Chicken Salad. A seasonal Cranberry Almond Chicken Salad is always a hit around the holidays. In this variation, I use toasted walnuts in line with a classic Waldorf salad but, you can certainly use pecans or almonds if it’s your preference. Likewise, you can personalize it using your favorite variety of apples and the end result will be spectacular.
How Is This Different From Traditional Waldorf Salad?
In this fruity variation on traditional chicken salad I chose to use toasted walnuts in keeping with a classic Waldorf salad. That said, you can certainly use pecans or almonds, if it’s your preference. Likewise, you can personalize it using your favorite variety of apples and the end result will be spectacular. Also checkout this Mexican Chicken Avocado Salad, protein packed Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad and Mediterranean inspired Greek Chicken Salad.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Waldorf Chicken Salad
- 1 cup walnuts toasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup Real Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp white balsamic or cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper
- 3 cups cooked chicken chopped
- 2 ribs celery with leaves small dice
- 3 medium apples (i.e. gala or Granny Smith) bite size cubes
- 1 cup red grape halves
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread the walnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast or 6-8 minutes until fragrant. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, honey, vinegar and lemon pepper until combined.
- Add the walnut, chicken, celery, apples, grapes and raisins. Toss until coated.
- Chill in an airtight container for up to 2 hours. Serve on lettuce leaves.