Easy Cranberry Almond Chicken Salad Recipe
How to Make the Best Cranberry Almond Chicken Salad Recipe
Chicken salads recipes are as plentiful as there are cooks to create them. We all have our own little something we bring to the table personalized to our own taste. Made in advance, this chicken salad can be chilling in the fridge and ready for sandwiches and snacking on busy days. There are so many variations of chicken salad and I think I enjoy each and every one equally. I particularly love this fruit and nut laced version for the added texture of the chewy dried cranberries, and the nutty flavor from the toasted almonds.
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Cranberry Almond Chicken Salad: Toasted almonds, chopped rotisserie chicken, diced celery and dried cranberries.
- For the homemade dressing you'll need: Mayonnaise, prepared poppy seed dressing, fresh chives, onion, powder, salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
- Kitchen gadgets you'll need: A large mixing bowl, a sheet pan to toast the almonds, a whisk, measuring cups and spoons, a sharp knife and chopping board.
- You can use poached chicken, roasted chicken or grilled chicken in this recipe.
- It's well worth the small amount of effort that it takes to toast the almonds for the depth of flavor it lends to the nuts and the chicken salad overall.
- You can make this chicken salad one day in advance and chill in the refrigerator until serving.
- You can serve this salad on rolls, on a bed of lettuce, stuffed into mini croissants as an appetizer or turn it into a wrap.
- Store leftover Cranberry Almond Chicken Salad in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
More Southern Style Chicken Salad Recipes to Make
- For game day or appetizer options we enjoy Hot Chicken Salad with chips or crackers for dipping.
- Southern Style Chicken Salad on a bed of lettuce or stuffed into a Kaiser roll makes for a light meal or between meal snacking.
- Waldorf Chicken Salad is a fusion of two classics.
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Layer Salad is dressed with homemade Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing. (Better than Chick fil A!)
- Add some spice to the menu with this Curried Chicken Salad.
- You may also love a lighter take on chicken salad with this Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad with Grapes from a Dish of Daily Life.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Cranberry Almond Chicken Salad
- 1 cup real mayonnaise
- ⅔ cup prepared poppyseed salad dressing
- 2 tablespoon chopped chives
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 4-5 cups chopped roasted chicken
- ⅔ cup celery finely diced
- ⅓ cup toasted almond slices
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- To serve:
- 8 fresh onion rolls croissants, slider rolls
- green leaf or bibb lettuce leaves separated
- Whisk together all of the dressing ingredients until combined.
- Stir in the chopped chicken, celery, toasted almond slices and dried cranberries. Mix gently until combined. Adjust amount of dressing, if desired.
- Chill for 4 hours.
- Serve on onion rolls, croissants or slider rolls dressed with green leaf or bibb lettuce.