Chicken salad has many faces and this flavorful Curried Chicken Salad is a spectacular option. Serve it as an appetizer, an entree or stuffed into freshly baked croissants.
Curried Chicken Salad
Using the flavor of curry in a salad provides a nice flavor twist and a welcome change to a standard version of classic Southern chicken salad. We love Indian inspired dishes, and curried chicken salad has been a family favorite for a long time. It has a sweet and spicy flavor combination that's really appealing.
How to Serve Curried Chicken Salad
- It's a wonderful appetizer, when served on mini croissants or in mini phyllo cups for a bite size treat.
- You can also enjoy it on a bed of bibb lettuce for a main course meal, if you like.
- We adore the flavor of cilantro, so, it definitely makes an appearance in my curried chicken salad. If you're not sure about adding cilantro to yours, you can omit.
- This salad will keep for 3 days in the refrigerator when stored in a tightly sealed container.
- Use quality brand of chutney. It adds to the flavor plus it adds just a touch of sweetness to balance the spice.
- Other chicken salad recipes you may enjoy is my Waldorf chicken salad, hot chicken salad or cranberry almond chicken salad filled with chewy cranberries.
- You may also enjoy this recipe for Thai Curry Chicken from Recipe Girl.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Curried Chicken Salad
Servings: 3 lbs
- ½ cup toasted slivered almonds or pecan pieces
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup chutney [I used Crosse & Blackwell- Apricot Chardonnay]
- ½ cup half & half
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper or to taste
- 4-5 cups chopped roasted chicken
- ⅔ cup finely diced celery
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread the almonds in an even layer on a baking sheet. Toast for 6-8 minutes, then set aside to cool while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, chutney, half & half, lemon juice, curry powder, salt and pepper.
- Add almonds, chicken, celery, raisins and cilantro.
- Stir until fully combined, then taste and adjust the salt and black pepper.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 4 hours.
- Serve in toasted phyllo cups, on mini croissants, or sourdough rolls.