You’ll make Valentine’s Day even sweeter with a big batch of these White Chocolate Chip M&M Valentine’s Day Cookies. The buttery homemade dough is packed with white chocolate chips and seasonal M&M’s filling each bite with love.
Easy White Chocolate Chip M&M Valentine’s Day Cookies
Making cookies from scratch is much simpler than you may think. The ingredients are pantry staples that combine to make a sweet amalgamation of scratch-made goodness. When you begin with the freshest of ingredients homemade cookie dough will keep in a tightly sealed container chilled for up to 5 days and frozen for up to 3 months. It’s not only delicious but, makes it an ideal choice for make ahead baking preparation.
How to Make the Best White Chocolate Chip M&M Valentine’s Day Cookies
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade White Chocolate Chip M&M Valentine’s Day Cookies: Butter, light brown sugar, granulated sugar, large eggs, all purpose flour, baking soda, salt, vanilla extract, Valentine’s Day M&M’s and white chocolate baking chips.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: A stand mixer or a hand mixer, measuring cups and spoons, medium bowl, large bowl, rubber spatula, cookie scoop or small ice cream scoop and baking sheets.
- Don’t skip softening the butter. When you bring the butter to room temperature and allow it to soften it ensures the butter will blend evenly with the remaining ingredients. Cold butter will not blend properly and will cause the cookies to bake unevenly. Salted or unsalted butter will work but, I typically bake with salted for the best flavor profile.
- Add the white chocolate chips to the batter first, and mix through thoroughly before adding the M&M’s. By doing this, the coating on the M&M’s will be less likely to crush and break.
- After removing from the oven immediately press additional M&M’s onto each cookie. The warm cookies should melt the coating just enough to stick.
- Gently reshape any oddly shaped cookies while warm. You can do this using the side of an offset spatula gently pushing toward the center of the cookie to make the shape more uniform.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the pan for at least 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store White Chocolate Chip M&M Valentine’s Day Cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days. Pour a tall glass of milk and enjoy.
- You can also freeze this cookie dough for up to 3 months.
More Valentine’s Day Desserts to Make
Special days like these are set aside to show the people around you that you care. Perhaps it’s your spouse, boyfriend, girlfriend, your children or grandchildren, best friends and beyond. Regardless, it’s a fun day to celebrate love of all kinds. You may like to try these recipes, too:
- Cutout Sour Cream Sugar Cookies.
- Red Velvet Cupcakes frosted with a cream cheese icing.
- White Chocolate Chip Cherry Cookies made with maraschino cherries.
- Stunning Red Velvet Cheesecake recipe will rival any you’d buy at a bakery.
- Strawberries and Cream Rice Krispies Treats are addictive.
- Heart shaped Cherry Hand Pies.
- Valentine’s Day Cake from Handle The Heat.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
White Chocolate Chip M&M Valentine's Day
- 1 cup salted butter softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 11 oz package red, pink and white M&M's plus additional as needed
- Using an electric mixer cream together the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Best on medium high until light beige in color around 2-3 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Scrape the sides of the bowl periodically, as needed.
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. Add to the creamed mixture gradually. Beat until fully incorporated. Batter will be stiff.
- By hand mix in the white chocolate chips and M&M's until evenly distributed. Cover and chill for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven 375°F. Line two x-large baking sheets with parchment. Set aside.
- Use a medium ice cream scoop or Tbsp to divide dough. Leaving at least 2 inches between cookies.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden. Cool on the pan for 5 minutes then to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store tightly sealed at room temperature.