These Strawberries and Cream Rice Krispies Treats are a sweet way to incorporate strawberries into the classic flavor mix. Crispy rice cereal, strawberry flavored marshmallows and dried strawberries combine into a gooey treat that only gets better when frosted with white chocolate. Decorate the tops with pearlized sprinkles and it's like a party in your mouth.
Easy Strawberries and Cream Rice Krispies Treats Recipe
When I was a little girl, there was no such thing as buying rice krispies treats, they were always homemade. My brothers and I were beside ourselves with joy when my Mom whipped-up a batch for us to snack on. Waiting for them to cool and set-up was the hard part. I can recall thinking they were heavenly, and I love making them for my kids, too.
How to Make the Best Strawberries and Cream Rice Krispies Treats
This variation using strawberry marshmallows is not only delicious but, pretty, too. Strawberry marshmallows are a newer addition to the marshmallow aisle and pairing them with freeze dried strawberries purchased at my local Target turned these into a tasty twist on a fun classic treat.
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Strawberries and Cream Krispies Treats: Rice Krispies, marshmallows, butter, strawberry flavored marshmallows plus one cup mini marshmallows, freeze dried strawberries, white chocolate chips, vegetable shortening and sprinkles for decorating.
- Kitchen tools you'll need: A large pot, rubber spatula, measuring cups and spoons plus a 13 x 9 inch pan.
- You can find freeze dried strawberries with the other fruit snacks at places like Target and Walmart. They're often on the same aisle where the trail mix can be found.
- If you're unable to find strawberry marshmallows, you can use the equivalent of regular vanilla marshmallows. To get the strawberry flavor, you'll need to add 2-3 teaspoons of strawberry extract and a few drops of red or pink food coloring to tint the marshmallow mixture.
- The purpose of the vegetable shortening is to thin the white chocolate for frosting the top. It's also room temperature stable.
- The color of these treats make them perfect for enjoying with your sweetie on Valentine's Day or for Mom on Mother's Day. They're also a fabulous choice for girls birthday parties, baby showers and wedding showers.
- Rice Krispie treats are also a terrific addition to your picnic desserts as they hold up in warm weather and don't require refrigeration.
- Store Strawberries and Cream Krispies Treats in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
More Strawberry Dessert Recipes to Make
- This Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle is a stunning dessert for any special occasion.
- When you need a small batch dessert try my Easy Strawberry Parfaits.
- Classic Strawberry Shortcake features homemade shortcakes in place of cake.
- Start your morning with a slice of Fresh Strawberry Coffee Cake.
- Strawberries and Cream Pie is always a winning option.
- Strawberry Margaritas can be made in an adult version or keep it family friendly.
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cake Pops rom Tidy Mom.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Strawberries and Cream Krispies Treats
Servings: 12 servings
- 8 tablespoon butter divided
- 3 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 2 8 oz packages strawberry marshmallows
- 8 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 (1) oz package freeze dried strawberries *see cook's note
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 12 oz package white chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoon solid vegetable shortening
- pink sprinkles or edible glitter
- Use 1 tablespoon softened butter to butter the bottom and sides of a 13 x 9 inch baking pan. Set aside.
- In a deep pot over low heat, melt together 7 tablespoon butter, light corn syrup and both packages strawberry marshmallows. Cook for 4-5 minutes stirring constantly until completely melted.
- Add crispy rice cereal, dried strawberries and 1 cup mini marshmallows. Use a non-stick spatula or a spoon spritzed with cooking spray to stir until evenly coated.
- Work quickly pressing the mixture into the buttered pan. Spritz the back of a spoon or spatula with cooking spray to press to avoid sticking. Let cool and set-up for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, melt white chocolate with 2 tablespoon vegetable shortening in a microwave safe bowl in 20 second increments. Stop and stir each time. Repeat until smooth.
- Cut the krispie treats into desired shapes, and frost with white chocolate. Decorate with sprinkles.
Freeze dried strawberries are readily available at big box stores i.e. Target or online. Strawberry marshmallows can be found at Walmart.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 164kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 74mg | Potassium: 17mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 233IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 4mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @melissassk or tag #melissassk!
This look really good, marshmallow and strawberries sound like a great combo..thanks!