Strawberries And Cream Krispie Treats – Rice crispie treats bring out the kid in all of us. When I was a little girl, there was no such thing as buying them, they were always homemade. My brothers and I were beside ourselves with joy when my Mom whipped-up a batch for us to snack on. Waiting for them to cool and set-up was the hard part.
Strawberries And Cream Krispie Treats
- 8 Tbsp [1 stick] butter divided
- 3 Tbsp light corn syrup
- 2  oz packages strawberry marshmallows
- 8 cup crispy rice cereal
- 1  oz package freeze dried strawberries [*see cook's note]
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1  oz package white chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp solid vegetable shortening
- pink sprinkles or edible glitter
- Use 1 Tbsp softened butter to butter the bottom and sides of a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Set aside.
- In a deep pot over low heat, melt together 7 Tbsp butter, 3 Tbsp light corn syrup and 2  oz packages of strawberry flavored marshmallows. Cook for 4-5 minutes stirring constantly until completely melted.
- Add 8 cup crispy rice cereal, dried strawberries and 1 cup mini marshmallows. Use a non-stick spatula or a spoon spritzed with cooking spray to stir until evenly coated.
- Work quickly pressing the mixture into the buttered pan. Spritz the back of a spoon or spatula with cooking spray to press to avoid sticking. Let cool and set-up for at least 1 hour.
- Melt the white chocolate with 2 Tbsp vegetable shortening in a microwave safe bowl in 20 second increments. Stop and stir each time. Repeat until smooth.
- Cut the krispie treats into desired shapes, and frost with white chocolate.
- Decorate with sprinkles.
Freeze dried strawberries are readily available at big box stores i.e. Target or online. Strawberry marshmallows were found at Walmart.