Gooey marshmallow coated krispie treats bring out the kid in all of us. These Strawberries And Cream Krispie Treats are a sweet way to incorporate strawberries into the classic flavor mix. Crispy rice cereal, strawberry flavored marshmallows and dried strawberries combine into a gooey treat that only gets better when frosted with white chocolate. Decorate the tops with pearlized sprinkles and it’s like a party in your mouth.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Strawberries And Cream Krispie Treats
- 8 Tbsp butter divided
- 3 Tbsp light corn syrup
- 2 8 oz packages strawberry marshmallows
- 8 cup crispy rice cereal
- 1 (1) oz package freeze dried strawberries *see cook's note
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 12 oz package white chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp solid vegetable shortening
- pink sprinkles or edible glitter
- Use 1 Tbsp softened butter to butter the bottom and sides of a 13 x 9 inch baking pan. Set aside.
- In a deep pot over low heat, melt together 7 Tbsp butter, light corn syrup and both packages strawberry marshmallows. Cook for 4-5 minutes stirring constantly until completely melted.
- Add crispy rice cereal, dried strawberries and 1 cup mini marshmallows. Use a non-stick spatula or a spoon spritzed with cooking spray to stir until evenly coated.
- Work quickly pressing the mixture into the buttered pan. Spritz the back of a spoon or spatula with cooking spray to press to avoid sticking. Let cool and set-up for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, melt white chocolate with 2 Tbsp vegetable shortening in a microwave safe bowl in 20 second increments. Stop and stir each time. Repeat until smooth.
- Cut the krispie treats into desired shapes, and frost with white chocolate. Decorate with sprinkles.