These Strawberries and Cream Rice Krispies Treats are a sweet way to incorporate strawberries into the classic flavor mix. They feature crispy rice cereal, strawberry flavored marshmallows and dried strawberries that are combined into a gooey treat. They only get better when frosted with white chocolate and pretty sprinkles.
Easy Strawberries and Cream Rice Krispies Treats Recipe
Kids of all ages love Rice Krispies Treats. This recipe takes this classic it further with the addition of strawberry marshmallows and freeze dried strawberries. How to make Strawberries and Cream Rice Krispies Treats: (Scroll down for full printable recipe.)
- Prepare Pan – Butter the bottom and sides of a 13 x 9 inch baking pan. Set aside.
- Melt Marshmallows – Over low heat melt together 7 Tbsp butter, light corn syrup and both packages strawberry marshmallows. Cook for 4-5 minutes stirring constantly until completely melted. Remove from the heat.
- Add Rice Krispies – Add crispy rice cereal, dried strawberries and 1 cup mini marshmallows. Use a non-stick spatula or a spoon spritzed with cooking spray to stir until evenly coated.
- Press into Pan – Work quickly pressing the mixture into the buttered pan. Spritz the back of a spoon or spatula with cooking spray to press to avoid sticking. Let cool and set-up for at least 1 hour.
- White Chocolate – Melt white chocolate with 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening in a microwave safe bowl in 20 second increments. Stop and stir each time. Repeat until smooth.
- Cut into Shapes – Cut the krispie treats into circles using a cookie cutter or cut into desired shapes.
- Frost and Decorate – Frost with white chocolate. Decorate with sprinkles.
How to Make the Best Strawberries and Cream Rice Krispies Treats
This variation using strawberry marshmallows is not only delicious, but pretty, too. Strawberry marshmallows are a newer addition to the marshmallows aisle and pairing them with freeze dried purchased at my local Target turned these into a tasty twist on a fun classic treat.
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Strawberries and Cream Krispies Treats: Rice Krispies, marshmallows, butter, strawberry flavored marshmallows plus one cup mini marshmallows, freeze dried strawberries, white chocolate chips, vegetable shortening and sprinkles for decorating.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: A large pot, rubber spatula, measuring cups and spoons plus a 13 x 9 inch pan.
- You can find freeze dried strawberries with the other fruit snacks at places like Target and Walmart. They’re often on the same aisle where the trail mix can be found.
- If you’re unable to find strawberry marshmallows, you can use the equivalent of regular vanilla marshmallows. To get the strawberry flavor, you’ll need to add 2-3 teaspoons of strawberry extract and a few drops of red or pink food coloring to tint the marshmallow mixture.
- The purpose of the vegetable shortening is to thin the white chocolate for frosting the top. It’s also room temperature stable.
- The color of these treats make them perfect for enjoying with your sweetie on Valentine’s Day or for Mom on Mother’s Day. They’re also a fabulous choice for girls birthday parties, baby showers and wedding showers.
- Rice Krispie treats are also a terrific addition to your picnic desserts as they hold up in warm weather and don’t require refrigeration.
- Store Strawberries and Cream Krispies Treats in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
More Strawberry Dessert Recipes to Make
- This Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle is a stunning dessert for any special occasion.
- When you need a small batch dessert try my Easy Strawberry Parfaits.
- Classic Strawberry Shortcake features homemade shortcakes in place of cake.
- Start your morning with a slice of Fresh Strawberry Coffee Cake.
- Strawberries and Cream Pie is always a winning option.
- Strawberry Margaritas can be made in an adult version or keep it family friendly.
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cake Pops rom Tidy Mom.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Strawberries and Cream Krispies Treats
- 8 Tbsp butter divided
- 3 Tbsp light corn syrup
- 2 8 oz packages strawberry marshmallows
- 8 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 (1) oz package freeze dried strawberries *see cook’s note
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 12 oz package white chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp solid vegetable shortening
- pink sprinkles or edible glitter
- Use a small amount of butter to prepare the bottom and sides of a 13 x 9 inch dish. Set aside.
- In a deep pot over low heat melt together remaining butter, light corn syrup and both packages strawberry marshmallows. Cook for 4-5 minutes stirring constantly until completely melted. Remove from the heat.
- To the pot add crispy rice cereal, dried strawberries and 1 cup mini marshmallows. Use a non-stick spatula or a spoon spritzed with cooking spray to stir until evenly coated.
- Work quickly pressing the mixture into the buttered pan. Spritz the back of a spoon or spatula with cooking spray to press to avoid sticking. Let cool and set-up for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, melt white chocolate with 2 Tbsp vegetable shortening in a microwave safe bowl in 20 second increments or using the melt function. Stop and stir each time. Repeat until smooth.
- Use a round cookie or biscuit cutter to cut into round or your desired shape. Frost each with white chocolate. Decorate with sprinkles.