These easy 7UP Biscuit Cinnamon Rolls are a cinch to make using prepared baking mix. Combined with 7UP, sour cream, brown sugar, plenty of sweet cream butter and warm spicy cinnamon. The texture of the dough is biscuit-like, tender and utterly delicious. Serve them for a breakfast, brunch or tea time treat for any occasion, or just because. Any excuse will do.
7UP Biscuit Cinnamon Rolls
Making baked goods using novelty ingredients is a fun change of pace once in a while. It's completely unexpected to see 7UP in a bread recipe but, it gives an incredible flavor to these cinnamon rolls and the fizz enhances the rise. Classic cinnamon rolls are typically made using yeast and require rest time to rise. These cinnamon rolls require no rise time at all, you make them, cut the dough into portions then bake. Because of the difference in the dough texture from a typical cinnamon roll, expect these cinnamon rolls to be more homestyle or imperfect in shape. In fact, every single batch I make looks a little bit different than the last.
Tips for Making Cinnamon Roll Biscuits
- Be patient when rolling the dough and have extra baking mix nearby to "flour" hands, rolling surface and everything that touches the dough to help with sticking.
- After cutting the dough into pieces it's perfectly fine to reshape if needed, before arranging in the skillet.
- While 7UP works best, ginger ale can be used in a pinch. Should you choose to do so, please note that the flavor will be slightly different.
Making Memories in the Kitchen
Baking is meant to be fun so, invite the family into the kitchen to help and make some memories. It's these moments that you'll reflect on in the years to come and you'll be so glad that you did. Plus, you can sample as you go which is a total perk and usually brings them running to the kitchen.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Recipe adapted from 7UP Cinnamon Rolls here.
7UP Biscuit Cinnamon Rolls
- ½ cup softened butter
- 3 cups biscuit baking mix i.e. Bisquick or similar plus additional for dusting
- ½ cup 7UP® room temperature
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¾ cup light brown sugar lightly packed
- 2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 Tbsp butter softened
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- milk as needed to thin
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush the bottom and sides of a 10-inch cast iron skillet or similar with 1 tsp of softened butter. Set aside.
- In a medium size mixing bowl mix together the biscuit mix, 7UP®and sour cream until it forms a soft dough.
- Flour a non-stick surface with additional baking mix. Turn dough out onto surface and turn until coated with baking mix and not sticky. Add more in small amounts as needed. Roll or press dough into a 12 x 14-inch rectangle.
- Spread remaining softened butter evenly over dough from end to end.
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over butter.
- Begin to roll from the longest edge jellyroll-style ending seam side down. Use a sharp knife to cut into 12 equal pieces.
- Arrange in skillet. Bake for 22-25 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl using an electric mixer cream together the cream cheese with 2 Tbsp butter. Lower the speed of the mixer and gradually add the powdered sugar. Add milk 1 Tbsp at a time just until spreading consistency. Spread on warm rolls after baking.