These stunning multi-colored Air Fryer Crispy Potatoes make an impressive side dish. They're easy enough for weekday dining yet, special enough for entertaining family and friends.
Air Fryer Crispy Potatoes Recipe
When inspiration escapes me, choosing potatoes as a side dish will never fail to please my hungry eaters. Whether we're in the mood for classic scalloped potatoes, sour cream and onion smashed potatoes or sheet pan potato hash, potatoes in some form is my default side dish option.
Tips for Making Crispy Potatoes in an Air Fryer
For these air fryer potatoes, I chose to use a potato medley of different varieties for visual appeal. You can certainly opt to make any variety, including sweet potatoes, using this same technique.
- Know your air fryer and how it performs.
- Arrange potatoes in a single layer so air can circulate evenly around all of the pieces. Don't skip shaking the basket halfway through for even frying.
- You can opt to use an oil spray in place of olive oil, if you want to lighten them up a bit. When doing so, please note, the Parmesan and seasonings adhere best when using oil.
- As with any recipe, adapt the amount of seasonings and salt to your personal preference.
- These potatoes are delicious on their own. If you'd like to add a dipping sauce, the work well with buttermilk ranch dressing a creamy Caesar dressing or any of your favorite dipping sauces.
Other Air Fryer Recipes to Try
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Air Fryer Crispy Potatoes
- 1 lb baby potatoes halved
- 2 tablespoon olive oil (To lighten up, use 1 tablespoon or spray liberally with cooking spray)
- 2 tablespoon grated Parmesan Cheese plus additional for garnishing
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
- Place potatoes in a mixing bowl, Toss to coat with oil.
- To the potatoes add Parmesan, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Toss until evenly distributed.
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F for 3 minutes. Spray basket with cooking spray.
- Arrange seasoned potatoes in a single layer in the basket. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Shake basket, cooking for an additional 8-10 minutes or fork tender.
- Serve immediately garnished with additional Parmesan and parsley with dipping sauce on the side, if desired.