This Comeback Sauce Recipe is the epitome of quick and easy. It's a popular Southern dipping sauce you can use for chicken, chips, fries, vegetables and beyond. It's simple to make and insanely delicious.
Comeback Sauce Recipe
If you've never heard of comeback sauce, it's similar to a Cajun remoulade or Southern yum yum sauce. It's mayonnaise based, and the ingredients typically vary in amounts from one cook to another. At times, I use Cajun or creole seasoning in it which easily transforms it into a deep South remoulade. You can adjust the hot sauce and level of heat to your personal preference as well.
- Keep in mind, that the chili sauce called for in this recipe is the kind found on the condiment aisle with ketchup. It's not the super hot sauce found in the Asian foods section which would be too much heat for comeback sauce.
- That said, if you want to use a super hot chili sauce you can, but this recipe uses the milder Heinz brand or similar, variation.
Ways To Use Comeback Sauce
This simple sauce can be served for dipping with a plethora of entrees and snacks. It adds to the flavor profile and people always swarm the bowl. A few ideas to inspire you:
- My kiddos love it for dipping breaded chicken tenders
- It's super delicious with jumbo lump crab cakes
- Serve it as a side kick to beer battered onion rings
- Enjoy it for snacking with fresh vegetables or homemade potato chips like this recipe from Culinary Hill
- Use it as a fry sauce with crispy home fries or sweet potato fries
More Ideas for Serving
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
- Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls
- Silicone Tongs, Spatulas and Whisk Set
- Dip On Ice Stainless Steel Serving Bowl
- Tapas Bowls
Comeback Sauce Recipe
- 1 ¼ cup real Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup chili sauce i.e. Heinz or similar
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp hot sauce (more or less to your taste)
- ½ tsp onion powder
- Add all ingredients to a medium-size mixing bowl. Whisk until fully combined.
- Store chilled in an airtight container for 4 hours or overnight prior to serving.
- Serve with chicken, onion rings, vegetables, chips, shrimp, fish or french fries.