This fruity Almond Blueberry Yogurt Bread has a dense yogurt laced batter loaded with sweet plump blueberries. After baking, it’s topped with a sweet cream glaze. Serve it as a sweet ending to a meal, for a small bite at a special tea with friends or as a mid-morning snack.
Easy Almond Blueberry Yogurt Bread Recipe
How to Make the Best Almond Blueberry Yogurt Bread Recipe
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Almond Blueberry Yogurt Bread: All purpose flour, baking powder, salt, granulated sugar, one pint fresh blueberries, Greek yogurt, large eggs, vanilla extract, almond extract and sliced almonds.
- Kitchen gadgets you’ll need: A large 9 or 10 inch loaf pan or two 8 x 4 inch pans, mixing bowls, a hand mixer or a stand mixer (optional), measuring cups and spoons, a whisk to sift together the dry ingredients, a large silicone spatula, a colander to rinse the berries.
- The batter for this blueberry bread can be mixed together by hand. If you prefer, you can use a mixer to whip together the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients. Either way it works.
- I bake this bread in a large deep loaf pan. It can easily make two smaller loaves dividing the batter between two 8 x 4 x 3 inch loaf pans. When doing so, the baking time will likely be shorter. Less batter in a pan will bake more quickly, so check the center for doneness around 30-35 minutes and adjust the baking time from that point.
- To clean the blueberries, place them into a colander and give them a good rinse. Spread them on paper towels in a single layer and let them dry before proceeding with the recipe.
- You can use sour cream in place of yogurt for the batter in the same amount.
- Store Almond Blueberry Yogurt Bread in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. You can alsol freeze it for up to 2 months.
More Blueberry Recipes to Make
- Scratch made White Chocolate Blueberry Pound Cake.
- These Buttermilk Glazed Blueberry Doughnuts are baked not fried.
- Blueberry Crumble Coffee Cake is the perfect side for a cup of coffee or tea.
- Blueberry Crisp is a family favorite.
- Homemade Blueberry Pie.
- One bite and you’ll know how Blueberry Yum Yum got its name.
- You may also like to try this Fresh Blueberry Frosting from Barefeet in the Kitchen for a layer cake or your next batch of cupcakes.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Almond Blueberry Yogurt Bread
- 2 cup all-purpose flour plus 1 Tbsp
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 pint blueberries [around 1 1/2 cup]
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 cup 2% or whole milk plain Greek yogurt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pure almond extract
- 3 Tbsp roughly broken sliced almonds divided
- Glaze: [Mix together]
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp pure almond extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter a standard 9 x 5 x 4 inch loaf pan or spritz with cooking spray. Set aside. (OR two 8 x 4 x 3 inch pans)
- Toss the blueberries with 1 Tbsp all purpose flour.
- Use a whisk to sift together the remaining 2 cups all purpose flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted butter, yogurt, eggs, vanilla and almond extracts.
- By hand mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until fully moistened. The batter will be thick. (You can use a hand mixer, too)
- Fold the flour coated blueberries into the batter. Again, gently fold into the batter until they're evenly distributed.
- Spoon into the prepared loaf pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle the top with 2 Tbsp roughly broken sliced almonds.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until golden and a tester inserted into the center comes back clean.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes then carefully remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, heavy cream and almond extract until smooth. Drizzle blueberry loaf with the glaze. Sprinkle the top with the remaining almonds.
- Store chilled for up to 5 days.