Fruit filled quick breads like this Almond Blueberry Yogurt Bread are a regular rotation in my kitchen. Especially when berries are at their peak. The dense yogurt laced batter is loaded with sweet plump blueberries then topped with a sweet cream glaze Serve it as a sweet ending to a meal, for a small bite at a special tea with friends or as a mid-morning snack.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Almond Blueberry Yogurt Bread
- 2 cup all-purpose flour plus 1 Tbsp
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 pint blueberries [around 1 1/2 cup]
- 1/2 cup [1 stick] butter melted
- 1 cup 2% or whole milk plain Greek yogurt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pure almond extract
- 3 Tbsp roughly broken sliced almonds divided
- Glaze: [Mix together]
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp pure almond extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter a standard 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan or spritz with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Toss the blueberries with 1 Tbsp all purpose flour.
- Sift together the remaining flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted butter, yogurt, eggs, vanilla and almond extracts.
- By hand mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until moistened. The batter will be thick.
- Fold the flour coated blueberries into the batter. Again, gently fold into the batter until they're evenly distributed.
- Spoon into the prepared loaf pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle the top with 2 Tbsp roughly broken sliced almonds.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until golden and a tester inserted into the center comes back clean. Cool completely, then drizzle with the glaze.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining almonds.
Sour cream may be substituted in place of yogurt, if desired.