These two-bite Beef Taco Cups are ideal for any occasion that calls for delicious snack foods. Top them with your favorite taco fixins' and they're ready to devour.
Beef Taco Cups Made with Wonton Wrappers
When it comes to party food, Mexican-inspired snacks are at the top of the menu for my family and friends. Whether we're in the mood for classic slow cooker queso blanco, a fresh batch of guacamole or baked potato nachos, they never last long.
Tips for Making Easy Appetizer Taco Cups
- When planning a starter menu, do just that, make a plan. Writing out the menu will give you opportunity to make sure the dishes you create will balance one another and, that you'll have a good variety of choices.
- To lower your stress level, prep as many ingredients in advance as possible. This includes grating cheese, chopping vegetables and making dipping sauces.
- Many dips and fillings for baked recipes, can be prepared then, placed into airtight containers and chilled until assembling.
- Fresh herbs sprinkled on top of any dish will add color and interest. Remember, we eat first with our eyes.
- These beef taco cups utilize wonton wrappers for the crust. They work like a charm, and there's no dough to roll and cut. You can fully assemble these in the pan, cover and chill until baking to save time.
- If you prefer to assemble these just before baking, you can go ahead and make the beef taco filling and have the grated cheese ready to go, to expedite assembly. You'll be so happy you took the time to prep ahead of time.
Other South-of-the-Border Inspired Recipes to Try
I have many recipes in the MSSK recipe index featuring Mexican flavors from finger foods and dips, to braised ribs, crockpot chicken and salads. These are just a few you may like to try:
- Crockpot Pulled Chicken Tacos
- Taco Taters
- Stuffed Mexican Cornbread
- Or, these Keto Taco Bites from All Day I Dream About Food
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Beef Taco Cups
- 1 lb extra lean ground sirloin
- Olive oil
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 2 medium cloves garlic minced
- 1 10 oz can Rotel Chili Fixins'
- 2 Tbsp quality taco seasoning
- 1 tsp salt adjust to taste
- ½ tsp lemon pepper
- 1 ½ cups shredded colby jack cheese divided
- 24 wonton wrappers
- Sour cream plus assorted toppings for serving i.e. green onion, salsa, black olives, pico de gallo
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray a 24 cup mini muffin tin with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Drizzle a large skillet with olive oil. Add the ground sirloin and diced onion. Cook over medium high-heat until no pink remains. Add the garlic to the pan cooking for 1 minute or until fragrant. Drain any excess fat from the pan.
- To the skillet add the chili fixins', taco seasoning, salt and lemon pepper. Lower the heat to medium, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool slightly. (May be done in advance and chilled until assembling)
- To assemble: Fit one wonton in each muffin cup. Sprinkle half of the shredded cheese into the bottom of each cup.
- Divide the taco beef between the muffin cups. Sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese. Lightly spritz exposed wonton with cooking spray or brush lightly with oil.
- Place into the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes just until the cheese has melted and wontons are golden.
- Serve immediately with a dollop of sour cream topped with black olives and green onion, or any of your favorite taco toppings.