Bite size delicacies like these Cheesy Dijon Sausage Cups are excellent for entertaining. They're filled with sausage, cream cheese, chives, cheddar cheese and Dijon mustard which gives the filling just enough kick. The scrumptious wonton wrapper crust bakes crisp and golden adding the crunch factor to each and every bite.
Cheesy Dijon Sausage Cups
I love using wonton wrappers as the ideal no-fuss crust when making appetizers and small bites. They bake beautifully with nothing more than a light spritz of cooking spray or delicate brush with olive oil keeping preparation effortless. Holiday get-togethers call for small bites and finger foods. These cheesy Dijon sausage cups are just that. They can be served for breakfast, brunch or as an appetizer at any time of day.
Tips for Making Cheesy Dijon Sausage Cups
- I begin this recipe with spicy-hot sausage but, it you're a bit spice shy use a quality regular breakfast sausage for the base.
- If you're crazy for spice make these using pepper-jack cheese to kick them up another notch. For a terrific time saver.
- I often prepare the filling one day in advance for a terrific time saver, then pop it into the fridge in an airtight container for storage. The following day I assemble the sausage cups just before baking.
- You may also enjoy this recipe for Low Carb Cheesy Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms from Sugar Free Mom.
I love that after baking each one is unique and looks star-like in shape. They're certain to be a beautiful addition to your appetizer table. While they last. They're the ideal addition to your holiday party and easy enough that you'll be free to enjoy the event, too.
Other Bite Size Appetizers to Add to the Menu
Two bite starters are on the menu year-round. More small bites to add to the menu:
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Cheesy Dijon Sausage Cups
- 1 lb hot breakfast sausage i.e. Jimmy Dean
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 4 oz Chive & Onion cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives plus additional for garnishing
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 24 wonton wrappers
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly spray a 24 cup mini muffin tin with cooking spray..
- Fit one wonton wrapper into each mini muffin cup.Set aside.
- Cook the sausage in a medium-size skillet over medium-high heat until browned and no pink remains.Drain all excess fat from the pan.
- Remove the skillet from the heat add 1 cup shredded cheese, cream cheese, Dijon, chives and garlic salt to the cooked sausage. Stir until blended and the cream cheese has completely melted.
- Using a teaspoon divide the filling between the muffin cups.Top each with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Lightly spritz the edges of the wrappers with cooking spray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden.
- Serve immediately.