Easy Bacon Cheeseburger Pie Recipe
Americans Love Bacon Cheeseburgers
How to Make the Best Bacon Cheeseburger Pie Recipe
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Bacon Cheeseburger Pie: Shredded refrigerated hash brown potatoes, ground beef, shredded cheddar cheese, garlic salt, large eggs, cooked and crumbled bacon, diced onion, steak or hamburger seasoning, worcestershire sauce, ketchup, mustard, panko breadcrumbs and dill pickle chips.
- Kitchen gadgets you'll need: A deep dish 9 inch pie pan or baking dish, a large skillet, sharp knife and cutting board, measuring cups and spoons, a large spoon for stirring, a cheese grater and a pie cutter or sharp knife for cutting and serving.
- For this bacon cheeseburger pie, I thought it would be fun to start with a shredded potato hash brown crust so we skip the bun so to speak. It works beautifully. Refrigerated hash browns work best.
- You can adjust the amount of bacon to suit your taste.
- I use classic cheddar in this pie in keeping with a cheeseburger. You an adapt using whatever cheese you like or have on hand.
- Serve leftover Bacon Cheeseburger Pie chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in single serving portions in the microwave.
More Easy Ground Beef Recipes to Make
Ground beef is versatile and can be stretched in a myriad of options to make your grocery budget go further. More Southern style recipes using ground beef you may also like to try:
- Ground Beef Stroganoff served over egg noodles can have supper on the table in a hurry.
- Mashed potato topped Cottage Pie is a one dish meal.
- Beef and Noodles Casserole is an Italian feast.
- Chili Cheese Frito Pie will take from game day to casual meals with the family.
- Teriyaki Beef Fried Rice is a tasty option to serve as a main dish or a side.
- Italian Meatloaf Cupcakes from Land O-Lakes.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Bacon Cheeseburger Pie
- 1 20 oz package refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 large egg beaten
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 medium sweet onion diced
- 1 ½ lb extra lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoon steak or hamburger seasoning more or less to your taste
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese divided
- 12 dill pickle chips pat dry with a paper towel
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and spray a 9 inch deep dish pie plate with cooking spray.
- Mix together ingredients for crust. Press onto bottom and sides of pie dish. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside. Lower oven temperature to 350°F.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon until crisp in a large skillet. Remove with a slotted spoon and crumble. Reserve 2 tablespoon drippings. Add onion to drippings, cooking for 2-3 minutes over medium-high until translucent. Season with salt and black pepper to your taste.
- Add ground beef cooking until no pink remains. Drain excess fat from the pan. Season with hamburger or steak seasoning and Worcestershire sauce. Remove from the heat.
- Add panko breadcrumbs, ketchup, mustard, 1 cup of shredded cheese, crumbled bacon and beaten eggs. Mix well.
- Spread filling over hash brown crust. Arrange dill pickles on top.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until set and edges are golden. Rest for 5 minutes before cutting.
- Serve with an additional drizzle of mustard and ketchup, if desired.