This super simple and tasty Teriyaki Beef Fried Rice is a skillet meal in the making. In it, lean ground beef is sautéed then combined with cooked rice, sweet petite peas, green onion and seasonings. Teriyaki sauce gives it the exact flavor boost that takes it over the top. Toss in ribbons of cooked egg at the end, and it’s meal time in no time flat perfect for those busy day dinners.
Easy Teriyaki Beef Fried Rice Recipe
Ground beef is a go-to ingredient for me when I want a budget friendly meal. I’m feeding boys so, it’s always a consideration for me how I can keep them satisfied and my pocketbook in check. Whether it’s smokey joes served on warm kaiser rolls, Italian inspired loose meat hoagies, or easy peasy chili spaghetti ground beef tends to stretch one meal into lunches and leftovers and that keeps everyone happy. It’s only fitting that I develop an Asian inspired dish like this teriyaki beef fried rice and from the very first bite it was a hit. How to make ground beef Fried Rice:
- Beef – Lean ground beef or ground sirloin
- Rice – Cooked long grain rice.
- Eggs – 3 large eggs.
- Fats – Salted or unsalted butter and olive oil.
- Vegetables – Frozen petite peas and green onions.
- Seasonings – Garlic salt, black pepper, teriyaki sauce, toasted sesame oil, light brown sugar, ground ginger and sriracha sauce.
- Garnish – Green onions and toasted sesame seeds.
How to Make the Best Teriyaki Beef Fried Rice
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Teriyaki Beef Fried Rice: Ground beef, long grain rice, petite peas, onion, butter, olive oil, large eggs, green onions, sesame oil, garlic salt, black pepper, teriyaki sauce, sesame seeds, brown sugar, ginger and sriracha sauce.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: A large 12 inch skillet, sharp knife and cutting board, measuring cups and spoons, large spoon for stirring and rice cooker or separate pan for making the rice.
- One terrific time saver with this dish is that the rice needs to be cooked in advance and chilled. Doing this keeps it from over cooking and becoming mushy when stir fried with the teriyaki beef.
- I highly recommend using teriyaki sauce for this recipe but you could adapt using soy sauce if that’s what you have on hand. When doing so, you may need to taste and adjust the amount to your taste.
- It’s convenient to have it prepared when you’re ready to cook paring down the time spent on prepping ingredients. Due to cooking the rice in advance this dish is ready to eat in under 30 minutes. It doesn’t get any better that that on a busy day.
- There’s no need to thaw the peas prior to added them to the skillet.
- Trying to skip the carbs? You can make this recipe using cauliflower rice instead.
- Store cooked Teriyaki Beef Fried Rice chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in single servings in the microwave or in a saucepan over medium heat. Add beef stock or water to add moisture when reheating.
More Easy Ground Beef Recipes to Make
- Ground Beef Stroganoff is a filling weekday meal that won’t break the bank.
- Mashed potato topped Cottage Pie is a one dish meal!
- Cheesy Nacho Beef Rotini Skillet is a fiesta in a pan.
- Chili Mac is perfection for casual meals and game day snacking.
- Who can resist when it’s Sloppy Joes for supper.
- One of my favorite kitchen hacks is demonstrated in this recipe showing you how to prepare Make-Ahead Ground Beef for Freezing
- A low carb version you may like to try this Low Carb Ground Beef Cauliflower Rice Taco Bowls from Kalyn’s Kitchen.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Teriyaki Beef Fried Rice
- 3 large eggs beaten
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 bunch green onions thinly sliced and divided
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Few dashes sriracha sauce Optional
- 4 -5 cups cooked long grain rice cooled
- 2/3 cup frozen petite peas
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Melt 1 Tbsp of butter in a large skillet. Add the beaten eggs and season lightly with table salt.
- Cook in a solid sheet. Carefully fold and remove from the skillet. Slice into strips and set aside.
- Drizzle the skillet with olive oil. Add the ground beef, green onion, garlic salt and black pepper. (Reserve 2 Tbsp green onion for garnishing)
- Cook over medium-high until the beef has browned and no pink remains. Drain any excess fat from the pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the teriyaki sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, ground ginger and sriracha sauce.
- Add to the skillet along with the rice and peas. Cook over medium stirring constantly.Cook just until the peas begin to thaw.
- Add the egg strips and remaining butter to the skillet. Stir until the butter has melted then remove from the heat.
- Serve immediately sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds and reserved green onion.