This super simple and tasty Teriyaki Beef Fried Rice is a skillet meal in the making. Lean ground beef is sauteed then combined with cooked rice, sweet petite peas, green onion and seasonings. Teriyaki sauce gives it the exact flavor boost that takes it over the top. Toss in ribbons of cooked egg at the end and it’s meal time in no time flat perfect for those busy day dinners.
Ground beef is a go-to ingredient for me when I want a budget friendly meal. I’m feeding boys so, it’s always a consideration for me how I can keep them satisfied and my pocketbook in check. Whether it’s smokey joes served on warm kaiser rolls, Italian inspired loose meat hoagies, or easy peasy chili spaghetti ground beef tends to stretch one meal into lunches and leftovers and that keeps everyone happy. It’s only fitting that I develop an Asian inspired dish like this teriyaki beef fried rice and from the very first bite it was a hit.
One terrific time saver with this dish is, the rice needs to be cooked in advance and chilled. Doing this keeps it from over cooking and becoming mushy when stir fried with the teriyaki beef. It’s convenient to have it prepared when you’re ready to cook paring down the time spent on prepping ingredients. Due to cooking the rice in advance this dish is ready to eat in under 30 minutes. It doesn’t get any better that that on a busy day. Want to skip the carbs? Try it with cauliflower rice instead.
You may also like: Ground Beef Stroganoff, Italian Ground Beef Casserole with Biscuit Topping, Low Carb Ground Beef Cauliflower Rice Taco Bowls, Cheesy Ground Beef and Rice Casserole and Make-Ahead Ground Beef for Freezing.
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced and divided
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- Few dashes sriracha sauce (Optional)
- 4 -5 cups cooked long grain rice (cooled)
- ⅔ cup frozen petite peas
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Melt 1 Tbsp of butter in a large skillet. Add the beaten eggs and season lightly with table salt.
- Cook in a solid sheet. Carefully fold and remove from the skillet. Slice into strips and set aside.
- Drizzle the skillet with olive oil. Add the ground beef, green onion, garlic salt and black pepper. (Reserve 2 Tbsp green onion for garnishing)
- Cook over medium-high until the beef has browned and no pink remains. Drain any excess fat from the pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the teriyaki sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, ground ginger and sriracha sauce.
- Add to the skillet along with the rice and peas. Cook over medium stirring constantly.Cook just until the peas begin to thaw.
- Add the egg strips and remaining butter to the skillet. Stir until the butter has melted then remove from the heat.
- Serve immediately sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds and reserved green onion.