This mouthwatering Ground Beef Stroganoff is so simple to make, it can be enjoyed for dinner any night of the week.
Easy Ground Beef Stroganoff
Family friendly meals are at the top of our dinner menu. I’m feeding teenage boys now, and they can be impossible to fill up some days. Due to this, I often resort to making dishes that can be made for my hungry eaters but, keep my grocery budget intact as well. When steak prices soar, ground beef can be a cost effective option.
Tips for Making Ground Beef Stroganoff
- Stroganoff is traditionally served over noodles and this ground beef variation is no exception. That said, we also love this equally when ladled over buttered rice or mashed potatoes.
- There are so few ingredients needed to make this dish, make sure you choose a flavor packed steak seasoning for the most tasty end result. You can adjust the salt and include pepper at your discretion.
- You can easily adjust the thickness of the broth by adding more flour dissolved in broth in small amounts or, thinning the liquid further by adding more broth.
- Cook the noodles while the beef simmers and you’ll have dinner ready in no time flat.
- If stroganoff lights your fire, you may also like to checkout my recipe for slow cooked beef stroganoff, topped with a scrumptious horseradish cream sauce.
- For a family-favorite pork variation, checkout my recipe for pork stoganoff with a bacon twist.
Dishes to Serve with Beef Stroganoff
This dish is practically a meal in one. A few ideas for accompaniments should you need inspiration:
- Wedge Salad
- Roasted Panko Parmesan Broccoli
- Dutch Oven Artisan White Bread
- Or, this recipe for Sauteed Spinach from Crunchy, Creamy Sweet.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Ground Beef Stroganoff
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 small cloves garlic minced
- 1 16 oz container baby portabella mushrooms sliced
- olive oil
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups low sodium beef broth divided (Additional as needed)
- 1 Tbsp steak seasoning i.e. Chicago or Montreal may adjust to taste
- 1/2 tsp salt adjust to taste
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh Italian parsley divided
- 1 8 oz container sour cream
- 1 lb cooked egg noodles or mashed potatoes for serving
- In a dutch oven or large pot, cook together ground beef, onion and mushrooms in a couple of drizzles of olive oil. Cook over medium-high until no pink remains. Add garlic, cook for 1 minute longer. Drain fat from pot.
- To the pot add add 2 cups broth, steak seasoning, salt and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well. Dissolve flour in 1/2 cup remaining broth, whisk into pot. Simmer over medium-high uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Lower the heat to medium-low. Add sour cream and 2 Tbsp parsley. Mix well, simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened. (You may thicken further with additional all purpose flour dissolved in beef broth, if needed. Likewise, you may thin further using additional broth)
- Garnish with remaining chopped parsley. Serve over cooked egg noodles or mashed potatoes.