These tasty Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Bundles are ideal for a make-ahead side dish for holidays or special occasion dinners. Assemble the bundles completely in advance and refrigerate then they’re ready to bake just before serving. Asparagus is such an elegant vegetable and always makes an impressive side dish for most any entrée.
Roasted Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Bundles Recipe
Canned asparagus is not for me. I find the texture less than appealing and the flavor seems unusually intense. That said, I do love asparagus roasted. One of my favorite ways to serve asparagus, apart from this bacon wrapped version, is this roasted asparagus drizzled with a balsamic reduction. For special occasion meals, these bacon wrapped asparagus bundles are a way to “spruce up” the menu just a bit. They have such a pretty presentation, but are so very simple to prepare.
How to Make the Best Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Bundles Recipe
- What you’ll need to make this recipe for easy Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Bundles: You’ll need fresh asparagus with the woody stems removed, one pound of thin cut bacon, grated Parmesan-Romano cheese to roll the bundles and olive oil or cooking spray.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: A broiler pan, sharp knife and cutting board, measuring cups and spoons.
- A broiler pan is helpful for roasting asparagus but you don’t have to use a broiler pan to make this asparagus recipe. You can use an oven safe grill pan or any baking pan fitted with an oven safe baking rack. In that instance, use a rimmed baking pan to catch any bacon drippings and line the bottom with aluminum foil for easy clean-up.
- I recommend that you go the extra mile and grate the Parmesan-Romano cheese yourself. If you choose to purchase it, make sure you use a really good quality cheese blend for the best results.
- These bundles can be fully assembled and placed into an airtight container and into the refrigerator up to one day in advance. If stacking, separate with wax paper.
- I’ve included an optional dipping sauce, but it truly is optional.
- You can reheat these bundles in the microwave but please note, the bacon won’t be as crisp as when they’re initially prepared. See below for how to reheat in an air fryer.
- How do you cook bacon wrapped asparagus in an air fryer? Depending on the size of the air fryer, you may need to cook in batches. Spray basket with cooking spray. Place assembled asparagus bundles into the air fryer leaving space between for air to circulate. Cook at 390°F for 6 minutes, then stop and turn. Continue to cook for another 6 minutes or just until the bacon is crispy and asparagus is tender. Time may vary depending on the thickness of the asparagus.
- To reheat these asparagus bundles in an air fryer: Spray the basket of an air fryer with cooking spray. Place asparagus bundles into the basket leaving space between for air to circulate. Cook for 2-3 minutes at 365°F. Adjust the time depending on how your appliance performs.
More Easy Roasted Vegetables Recipes to Make
Once you begin roasting vegetables, it’s very difficult to go back. There’s something magical about roasting garden vegetables and potatoes that elevates them to a special occasion dish perfect for any day of the week. Checkout these roasted vegetable recipes to add to your dinner menu:
- This recipe for mixed Garlic Parmesan Roasted Vegetables can be adapted using variety of fresh vegetables.
- Easy Oven Roasted Potatoes can be enjoyed with grilled chicken steak or pork, kabobs, cheeseburgers and more.
- Sweet oven Roasted Mexican Corn recipe.
- Oven Roasted Panko Parmesan Cauliflower is a stellar side dish option.
- Roasted Garden Vegetable Medley is perfection during garden season.
- You may also like this recipe for Steamed Asparagus with a basil vinaigrette from Kalyn’s Kitchen.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Bundles
- 2 lb asparagus cleaned, woody ends removed
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan-Romano cheese
- olive oil or olive oil cooking spray
- garlic salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Optional dipping sauce:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2-3 Tbsp Italian dressing
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Spritz a roasting pan with cooking spray. Set up all of your ingredients before you begin to wrap the bundles.
- Brush the asparagus spears lightly with olive oil or spritz with cooking spray. Season with garlic salt [lightly] and black pepper. [Go light with the salt. The Parmesan-Romano cheese will add extra saltiness to the bundles]
- Bundle the asparagus in three's. Use one slice of bacon per bundle.
- Start wrapping the bacon around the stems tightly beginning at the bottom. If you choose to use baby asparagus, a half slice of bacon should be enough.
- Roll in the grated Parmesan-Romano cheese and lay seam side down on the baking pan. Make sure the bundles aren't touching.
- Repeat until all of the asparagus and bacon slices have been used.
- Place into the oven and bake for 23-25 minutes depending on the thickness of the asparagus. Turn halfway through cooking.
- Increase the oven temperature to broil and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes to fully crisp the bacon.
- Sprinkle with additional Parmesan-Romano cheese to garnish.
- Serve warm with the dipping sauce if desired.
- Spray basket with cooking spray.
- Place assembled asparagus bundles into the air fryer leaving space between for air to circulate.
- Cook at 390°F for 6 minutes, then stop and turn. Continue to cook for another 6 minutes or just until the bacon is crispy and asparagus is tender. Time may vary depending on the thickness of the asparagus.
- To reheat Asparagus Bundles in an air fryer: Spray the basket of an air fryer with cooking spray. Place asparagus bundles into the basket leaving space between for air to circulate. Cook for 2-3 minutes at 365°F. Adjust the time depending on how your appliance performs.