Shake-up your side dish menu with this crispy, lightly breaded Oven Roasted Panko-Parmesan Cauliflower. The slightly sweet flavor and crunchy texture is sure to compliment your favorite entrees and the kiddos will love it, too.
I think cauliflower often gets overlooked when we think of tasty side dishes. I can sort of understand, if it’s not cooked properly, it’s virtually tasteless. In general, roasting brings out the natural sweetness of vegetables and the roasting process does the same for cauliflower lending a tasty end result. The light Panko-Parmesan coating in this dish isn’t heavy and gives just the right amount of crispy texture to each bite. Frying is great once in a while but, for everyday consumption, roasting is my technique of choice. Skip the frying and try this instead and the clean-up is a breeze. See also crispy Roasted Garlic Parmesan Roasted Vegetables sweet Honey Garlic Butter Roasted Carrots and Garlic Roasted Cherry Tomatoes.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Oven Roasted Panko-Parmesan Cauliflower
- 2 lb cauliflower florets [around 6-8 cups]
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4-5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano or dry Italian seasoning [optional]
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese plus additional for garnishing.
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Spritz a large baking sheet liberally with cooking spray then set aside.
- Place the cauliflower florets into a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with the olive oil and stir until coated. Add the remaining ingredients. Toss until evenly distributed.
- Arrange on the baking sheet in a single layer. Drizzle lightly with additional olive oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring once midway through cooking.
- After 30 minutes, increase the oven temperature to 500°F and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes until golden.
- Serve with an generous sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and garnish with thinly sliced green onions, if desired.
Hi, thanks for stopping by to visit my website My name is Melissa, I’m a busy Mom, author, recipe developer, photographer, food writer and blogger. I’m passionate about creating delicious dishes to share with family and friends!