Banana pudding and pound cake collide in this Banana Pudding Cream Cheese Pound Cake. The rich dense batter is filled with fresh bananas and banana pudding mix to give it a moist texture and robust banana flavor. The vanilla cream glaze is sprinkled with crushed vanilla wafers that checks all the boxes.
Easy Banana Pudding Cream Cheese Pound Cake Recipe
I’ll take banana pudding in any form. I’m slightly obsessed with it. This pound cake has a rich and creamy texture and it’s a celebration of the flavors of banana pudding which is a nostalgic dessert for me. This recipe uses fresh bananas and instant banana pudding mix in the batter to really punch up the flavor. It’s bound to become a family favorite. How to make Banana Pudding Pound Cake from scratch:
- Flour – This recipe uses all purpose flour sifted with instant banana cream pudding mix, salt, baking powder and baking soda. You can use a whisk for this step, it works like a charm.
- Bananas – Ripe bananas mashed. You’ll need one cup of mashed bananas.
- Fats – Salted or unsalted butter.
- Cream Cheese – You’ll need one block of plain cream cheese. Allow it to soften along with the butter so it will cream easily with the sugar.
- Sugar – Granulated sugar.
- Eggs – 6 large eggs at room temperature.
- Extract – Vanilla extract.
How to Make the Best Banana Pudding Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- Ingredients you’ll need to make Banana Pudding Pound Cake: All purpose flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, granulated sugar, butter, instant banana pudding mix, mashed bananas, vanilla extract, cream cheese and large eggs.
- For the glaze you’ll need: Powdered sugar, heavy cream, vanilla extract and crushed ‘nilla wafers for garnishing.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: A stand mixer or a hand mixer, large bowl, medium bowl, measuring cups and spoons, angel food pan, rubber spatula, cooling rack.
- For the best result, allow the cream cheese and butter ample time to soften so they will fully combine when creaming them together. It’s a simple but imperative step.
- You can also take time to allow the eggs to come to room temperature at the same time. This will help ensure even baking.
- When measuring flour to make a cake, never scoop the flour. It’s more accurate to spoon the flour into the measuring cup then level with a knife.
- I’m often asked if this cake could be made in a Bundt pan. It could be BUT it’s important not to overfill the pan. Fill it 2/3 full then bake any additional batter in muffin pan or a small loaf pan. When doing so, the volume of batter will be less and will take less time to bake.
- Always check the center of a cake with a cake tester or toothpick for doneness before removing from the oven.
- Store this Banana Pudding Cream Cheese Pound Cake in an airtight container chilled in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- You can make this pound cake then cool and freeze it for up to 3 months. When freezing, it’s best to wait and glaze the cake just before serving it. Thaw it in the refrigerator.
More Southern Pound Cake Recipes to Make
- White Chocolate Cherry Pound Cake is pretty as a picture.
- Chocolate Sour Cream Pound Cake is rich and decadent made with Dutch process cocoa.
- Orange Pound Cake packs a burst of citrus flavor.
- Homemade buttery Brown Sugar Pound Cake.
- Easy Buttermilk Pound Cake recipe.
- Fresh Strawberry Pound Cake with Vanilla Cream Glaze.
- Pecan Praline Buttermilk Pound Cake is drizzled with a praline glaze that takes it over the top.
- Coconut lovers Coconut Cream Pound Cake with Vanilla Cream Glaze.
- My Aunt’s Lemon Lovers Pound Cake is a family tradition.
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pound Cakehttps://www.nutmegnanny.com/strawberry-rhubarb-pound-cake/ from Nutmeg Nanny.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Banana Pudding Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- 3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 3.4 oz box instant banana cream pudding mix
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese softened
- 2 medium bananas mashed [to equal 1 cup]
- 6 large eggs room temperature
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 5 vanilla wafers crushed for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Move the oven rack to the lower 1/3 of the oven.
- Sift together the all purpose flour, pudding mix, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Beat for 3 minutes or until light and creamy. Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients alternately with the mashed banana. Mix until fully combined, stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl periodically.
- Spread into a greased and floured tube pan. Bounce the pan on the counter a few times to settle and release air bubbles.
- Bake for 1 hour 30-45 minutes. Check the top for browning around 1 hour 20 minutes and lay a piece of foil on top, if needed..
- Continue to bake until a cake tester inserted into the center comes back clean. Cool in the pan for 30 minutes, then remove the outer ring. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- To make the glaze:
- Mix together the ingredients until the sugar is completely dissolved and no lumps remain. Add additional cream as needed to thin. Drizzle over the cooled cake.
- Sprinkle with crushed vanilla wafers.
- Store chilled.