This rich and buttery Bourbon Praline Pecan Sauce will knock your socks off! In it, toasted pecans are smothered in a smooth buttery caramelized sauce then topped off with a generous splash of Kentucky bourbon. The warm color and luxurious flavor turns it into a genuine indulgence and it's versatility knows no end.
Bourbon Praline Pecan Sauce
The uses for this sauce are innumerable. Serve it drizzled over a slice of million dollar pound cake topped with a dollop of whipped cream or a piece of cinnamon toffee banana bread for a tasty quick afternoon pick-me-up. It's like consuming liquid gold. When you find yourself planning to host a special occasion this sweetness is fantastically delicious drizzled over bread pudding, stuffed french toast or a giant bowl of vanilla ice cream.
A Homemade Gift Worthy of Sharing
This sauce makes a fabulous gift for neighbors, friends or give to teachers as appreciation gifts. To do so, pour freshly made bourbon praline pecan sauce into clean pint size mason jars tied with a pretty ribbon and attach a sweet note. They're guaranteed to love you forever.
Pro Tips for Making Praline Pecan Sauce
- This sweet sauce can be made up to 3 days in advance when kept tightly sealed and chilled.
- When chilled, reheat it gently in the microwave or using a small saucepan on the stovetop just before serving.
- It's one of those food of love moments you need to experience yourself to fully appreciate the liquid gold that this combination of ingredients form.
Other Bourbon Infused Recipes to Try
You may also like to try:
- Brown Sugar Bourbon Pineapple Glazed Ham for your holiday table.
- Homemade Bourbon Pecan Pralines.
- Decadent Chocolate Pecan Bourbon Pie.
- For a thirst quencher you may enjoy this Peach Mint Bourbon Sweet Tea from Nutmeg Nanny.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Bourbon Praline Pecan Sauce
- 1 ¼ cup roughly chopped toasted pecans
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 3 Tbsp bourbon
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread the pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast for 6-8 minutes. Set aside.
- Bring brown sugar, heavy cream, butter, corn syrup, salt and cinnamon to a boil in a medium size heavy bottomed saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly. Once boiling immediately lower the heat and let bubble for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and add the baking soda. Stir until incorporated.
- Add bourbon, vanilla and toasted pecans. Mix well.
- Cool slightly (about 10 minutes). Serve warm.