This rich and buttery Bourbon Praline Pecan Sauce will knock your socks off! In it, toasted pecans are smothered in a smooth buttery caramelized sauce then topped off with a generous splash of Kentucky bourbon. The warm color and luxurious flavor turns it into a genuine indulgence and it's versatility knows no end.
Easy Bourbon Praline Pecan Sauce Recipe
The uses for this sauce are innumerable. Serve it drizzled over a slice of million dollar pound cake topped with a dollop of whipped cream or a piece of cinnamon toffee banana bread for a tasty quick afternoon pick-me-up. It's like consuming liquid gold. When you find yourself planning to host a special occasion this sweetness is fantastically delicious drizzled over bread pudding, stuffed french toast or a giant bowl of vanilla ice cream.
How to Make the Best Bourbon Praline Pecan Sauce Recipe
It's one of those food of love moments you need to experience yourself to fully appreciate the liquid gold that this combination of ingredients form.
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Bourbon Praline Pecan Sauce: Chopped toasted pecans, butter, light corn syrup, light brown sugar, heavy cream, salt, ground cinnamon, baking soda, bourbon and vanilla extract.
- Kitchen gadgets you'll need: A heavy bottomed saucepan, measuring cups and spoons, a large heat safe silicone spoon for stirring and a sheet pan to toast the pecans.
- This Bourbon Praline Pecan Sauce can be made up to 3 days in advance when kept in a tightly sealed container and chilled in the refrigerator. A mason jar works beautifully for this purpose.
- When chilled, reheat it gently in the microwave or using a small saucepan over medium heat on the stovetop just before serving.
- This praline sauce is a terrific option for homemade gift giving, too. Pour it into pretty mason jars then cover the top with fabric and tie it with a festive ribbon to suit the season. Whether it's during the Christmas holidays or a summer soiree when everyone is serving ice cream, this sauce will be a stellar addition to the menu.
More Southern Style Bourbon Infused Recipes to Make
This Bourbon Pecan Praline Sauce makes a fabulous gift for neighbors, friends or give to teachers as appreciation gifts. To do so, pour freshly made bourbon praline pecan sauce into clean pint size mason jars tied with a pretty ribbon and attach a sweet note. They're guaranteed to love you forever. More recipes featuring bourbon you mal also like to try:
- Brown Sugar Bourbon Pineapple Glazed Ham for your holiday table.
- Whether they're dipped in chocolate or rolled in powdered sugar, my Bourbon Balls are a must make for the holidays.
- Homemade Bourbon Pecan Pralines for Mardis Gras or any time you're in the mood for homemade candies.
- Decadent Chocolate Pecan Bourbon Pie topped with whipped cream or served warm with vanilla ice cream.
- Pumpkin Cream Pie with Bourbon Whipped Cream tops the list of pies to make for Thanksgiving.
- For a thirst quencher you may enjoy this Peach Mint Bourbon Sweet Tea from Nutmeg Nanny.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Bourbon Praline Pecan Sauce
- 1 ¼ cup roughly chopped toasted pecans
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoon bourbon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread the pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast for 6-8 minutes. Set aside.
- Bring brown sugar, heavy cream, butter, corn syrup, salt and cinnamon to a boil in a medium size heavy bottomed saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly. Once boiling immediately lower the heat and let bubble for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and add the baking soda. Stir until incorporated.
- Add bourbon, vanilla and toasted pecans. Mix well.
- Cool slightly (about 10 minutes). Serve warm.