This rich and buttery Bourbon Praline Pecan Sauce will knock your socks off! In it, toasted pecans are smothered in a smooth buttery caramelized sauce then topped off with a generous splash of Kentucky bourbon. The warm color and luxurious flavor turns it into a genuine indulgence and it’s versatility knows no end. Serve it drizzled over a slice of million dollar pound cake topped with a dollop of whipped cream or a piece of cinnamon toffee banana bread for a tasty quick afternoon pick-me-up. It’s like consuming liquid gold.
When you find yourself planning to host a special occasion this sweetness is fantastically delicious drizzled over bread pudding, stuffed french toast or a giant bowl of vanilla ice cream. If you’d like to give it to neighbors, friends or teachers as gifts, pour freshly made bourbon praline pecan sauce into clean pint size mason jars tied with a pretty ribbon and attach a sweet note. They’re guaranteed to love you forever. This sweet sauce can be made up to 3 days in advance when kept tightly sealed and chilled, then all that’s needed is to reheat it gently in the microwave or using a small saucepan on the stovetop just before serving. It’s one of those food of love moments you need to experience yourself to fully appreciate the liquid gold that this combination of ingredients form.
Bourbon Praline Pecan Sauce
- 1 1/4 cup roughly chopped toasted pecans
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3 Tbsp bourbon
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread the pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast for 6-8 minutes. Set aside.
- Bring brown sugar, heavy cream, butter, corn syrup, salt and cinnamon to a boil in a medium size heavy bottomed saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly. Once boiling immediately lower the heat and let bubble for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and add the baking soda. Stir until incorporated.
- Add bourbon, vanilla and toasted pecans. Mix well.
- Cool slightly (about 10 minutes). Serve warm.
May be made up to 3 days in advance, covered and chilled. Reheat in the microwave on low setting or in a saucepan over low heat.