This Pumpkin Cream Pie with Bourbon Whipped Cream is creamy and flavorful. It features just enough Kentucky bourbon to kick up the flavor of the filling and fresh whipped cream. It’s a real crowd pleaser and there’s never a piece leftover.
Easy Pumpkin Cream Pie with Bourbon Whipped Cream Recipe
How to Make the Best Pumpkin Cream Pie with Bourbon Whipped Cream Recipe
Fall flavors shine in this delicious pumpkin cream pie. Everyone has their own taste, of course, and I also love Pumpkin Spice Layered Lush and Pumpkin Bread as much as the next person. Wanting to keep with tradition we just knew there had to be a more creamy option. This is one of our kitchen experiments that went wildly right, and I had to share it with you too. This pumpkin pie is creamy with a little kick and piled high with fresh whipped cream, it’s a true winner in every sense of the word.
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Pumpkin Cream Pie: Canned pumpkin puree 9not pumpkin pie filling) heavy cream, softened cream cheese, light brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, salt, large eggs and a 9 inch pie crust either refrigerated, frozen or you could use my recipe for Flaky Pie Crust.
- For the Bourbon Whipped Cream you’ll need: Heavy cream, powdered sugar, dark bourbon (i.e. Maker’s Mark) or pure vanilla extract. You can also use both bourbon and vanilla.
- Kitchen gadgets you’ll need: A hand mixer or a stand mixer, mixing bowls, measuring cups and spoons, a large spoon or spatula, a 9 inch deep dish pie dish and a baking rack to cool the pie after baking.
- Keep in mind with this pie, it’s all in the mixing. Whip the filling thoroughly until it’s smooth for the creamiest end result.
- If you choose to use a frozen deep dish pie shell there’s no need to thaw it prior to filling and baking.
- Fresh whipped cream isn’t as stable as a whipped topping so, it’s best to make it the day you’re going to serve it.
- Chill both the pie and whipped cream thoroughly in the refrigerator. It can be made up to 2 days in advance and stored chilled until serving. As I mentioned previously, wait to prepare the bourbon whipped cream on the day you plan on serving it.
More Southern Style Pie Recipes to Make
Pie for dessert is always a winning choice to make. More homemade pie recipes you may like to try:
- Lattice topped homemade Apple Pie Recipe.
- This Blueberry Pie recipe is filled with sweet plump blueberries.
- Southern Buttermilk Pie is creamy and fully flavored.
- Oatmeal Pie is an oldie but goodie.
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Pie is topped with Reese’s Cups for the peanut butter fans at your dessert table.
- Mile High Coconut Cream Pie is a family favorite!
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie from King Arthur Baking.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Pumpkin Cream Pie With Bourbon Whipped Cream
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 Tbsp bourbon plus 1 tsp pure vanilla extract or 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 deep dish refrigerated or homemade 9"pie crust
- Whipped cream:
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp bourbon or 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- pumpkin pie spice for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. In a medium mixing bowl, whip the cream cheese with 2 Tbsp bourbon and 1 tsp pure vanilla or 2 tsp pure vanilla until light and fluffy. Around 2-3 minutes. Add the pumpkin puree, 1/2 cup heavy cream, light brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Whip until fully combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Fit the pie crust into a 9" deep dish baking dish. Pour the filling into the crust.
- Place into the preheated oven and bake for 50 minutes or until the center is set when gently shaken.
- Cool completely on a wire rack. Chill until serving.
- To make the whipped cream, whip 2 cup heavy cream, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 1 Tbsp bourbon or 1 tsp pure vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
- Spread onto the cooled pie. Dust the top with additional pumpkin pie spice.
- Store chilled.