This Pumpkin Cream Pie with Bourbon Whipped Cream has a palate pleasing creamy texture and just enough Kentucky bourbon to kick up the flavor of the filling and whipped cream. It's a real crowd pleaser and there's never a piece leftover.
Pumpkin Cream Pie with Bourbon Whipped Cream
Fall Flavors Shine in this Pumpkin Cream Pie
Everyone has their own taste, of course, and I also love Pumpkin Spice Layered Lush and Pumpkin Bread as much as the next person. Wanting to keep with tradition we just knew there had to be a more creamy option. This is one of our experiments that went wildly right, and I had to share it with you too. Creamy with a little kick and piled high with fresh whipped cream, it's a true winner in every sense of the word.
Keep in mind:
- It's all in the mixing. Whip the filling thoroughly for the creamiest end result.
- Fresh whipped cream isn't as stable as a whipped topping so, it's best to make it the day you're going to serve it.
- Chill both the pie and whipped cream thoroughly for the most desirable result.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Pumpkin Cream Pie With Bourbon Whipped Cream
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 Tbsp bourbon plus 1 tsp pure vanilla extract or 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 deep dish refrigerated or homemade 9"pie crust
- Whipped cream:
- 2 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp bourbon or 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- pumpkin pie spice for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. In a medium mixing bowl, whip the cream cheese with 2 Tbsp bourbon and 1 tsp pure vanilla or 2 tsp pure vanilla until light and fluffy. Around 2-3 minutes. Add the pumpkin puree, ½ cup heavy cream, light brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Whip until fully combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Fit the pie crust into a 9" deep dish baking dish. Pour the filling into the crust.
- Place into the preheated oven and bake for 50 minutes or until the center is set when gently shaken.
- Cool completely on a wire rack. Chill until serving.
- To make the whipped cream, whip 2 cup heavy cream, ½ cup powdered sugar, 1 Tbsp bourbon or 1 tsp pure vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
- Spread onto the cooled pie. Dust the top with additional pumpkin pie spice.
- Store chilled.