This cheesy Broccoli Cheddar Bacon Quiche could only get better with the addition of bacon. The smoky undertones that bacon gives to the custard is mouthwatering. I’m not sure who started the saying “real men don’t eat quiche” but clearly they didn’t know my family. My boys will dig into a quiche anytime of day and for that I am truly grateful since, I love making them on a regular basis.
Easy Broccoli Cheddar Bacon Quiche Recipe
I’m not sure if I love them for the ease of preparation or the fact that they are so versatile. Regardless, various versions of quiche seem to find their way onto my kitchen table rather often and subsequently into my recipe archives, as well. This particular version of quiche has a surprise ingredient. Mayonnaise. It’s not a large amount however, it gives a really creamy texture to the custard as well as a slight twist on flavor. Many broccoli casserole recipes include mayonnaise and I can see why as it goes so well with the broccoli and cheddar cheese in this quiche, too. How to make simple Broccoli Cheddar Bacon Quiche:
- Crust – 9-inch deep dish pie shell.
- Broccoli – Steamed fresh or frozen broccoli florets.
- Eggs – Large eggs.
- Filling – Heavy cream, mayonnaise and Dijon mustard.
- Seasonings – Garlic salt, onion powder and black pepper.
- Mix-ins – Green onions and bacon.
- Cheese – Shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
How to Make the BEST Broccoli Cheddar Bacon Quiche Recipe
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Broccoli Cheddar Bacon Quiche: One 9 inch deep dish pie shell, steam broccoli florets, cooked and crumbled bacon, large eggs, heavy cream, mayonnaise, garlic salt, onion powder, black pepper, Dijon mustard, green onions and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: Deep dish pie pan, medium bowl, skillet, whisk, cheese grater, measuring cups and spoons, sharp knife and cutting board and sheet pan.
- When making a quiche or pie, I recommend that you move it in and out of the oven on a baking sheet. Any size cookie sheet will do, it makes it easier to handle and move from the oven to the counter without breaking the filling in the process. A sheet pan will also catch any random drips.
- Most often I use a frozen pie shell for this quiche recipe. When doing so, there’s no need to thaw it and I never parbake it. Should you choose to use a homemade pie crust prick the bottom with a fork, fill it with pie weights and bake it in a 375°F oven for 6 minutes then fill and bake according to the recipe. See my Flaky Pie Crust recipe here.
- You can use steamable broccoli florets that are readily available in the frozen vegetable section of any grocery store. One 10 ounce package is more than you’ll need. Please do use broccoli florets and not broccoli cuts.
- Why mayonnaise? Well, in this instance it hearkens back to a broccoli casserole and adds creaminess to the filling. You can omit it if desired, with no other adjustments needed.
- You can bake, cool and wrap this broccoli quiche and pop it into the freezer for a make ahead time saver.
- To reheat the whole quiche, place it into a 325°F oven covered loosely with foil, baking for 10-15 minutes or just until heated through.
- If freezing a baked quiche, thaw it in the refrigerator then reheat in a preheat 325°F oven with a piece of foil on top. Bake for 10-15 minutes and extend the baking time until it’s heated through.
- You can also reheat in single servings in the microwave.
- Store baked Broccoli Cheddar Bacon Quiche covered with foil chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
More Easy Quiche Recipes to Make
- My Cornbread and Sausage Quiche combines two flavors into one lip smacking meal.
- This Western Omelet Quiche recipe is a fan favorite.
- My son’s favorite Bacon Cheddar Chive Quiche is always a winning option.
- This Kentucky Hot Brown Quiche is a fusion of quiche and the famous Kentucky Hot Brown Sandwich.
- Crustless Mini Vegetable Quiche are made in no time flat in a muffin pan.
- Another mouthwatering quiche recipe to try is this savory Chicken Quiche from Skinny Taste.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Broccoli Cheddar Bacon Quiche
- 1 9-inch deep dish frozen pie shell
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup steamed broccoli florets roughly chopped
- 3 green onion chopped
- 4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese divided
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the frozen pie shell on a baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, mayonnaise, garlic salt, onion powder, Dijon, and black pepper until fully combined.
- Fold in the broccoli florets, green onion, bacon and 1 cup shredded cheese. Pour into the pie shell.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the center is set when gently shaken. Cover the edges of the crust with aluminum foil, if needed to prevent over browning.
- Allow to cool to warm before cutting.