This cheesy Broccoli Cheddar Bacon Quiche could only get better with the addition of bacon. The smoky undertones that bacon gives to the custard is mouthwatering. I'm not sure who started the saying "real men don't eat quiche" but clearly they didn't know my family. My boys will dig into a quiche anytime of day and for that I am truly grateful since, I love making them on a regular basis.
My Love of Broccoli Cheddar Bacon Quiche
I'm not sure if I love them for the ease of preparation or the fact that they are so versatile. Regardless, various versions of quiche seem to find their way onto my kitchen table rather often and subsequently into my recipe archives, as well. This particular version of quiche has a surprise ingredient. Mayonnaise. It's not a large amount however, it gives a really creamy texture to the custard as well as a slight twist on flavor. Many broccoli casserole recipes include mayonnaise and I can see why as it goes so well with the broccoli and cheddar cheese in this quiche, too.
Helpful Tips for Making Quiche
- When making a quiche or pie, I recommend that you move it in and out of the oven on a baking sheet. Any size cookie sheet will do, it makes it easier to handle and move from the oven to the counter without breaking the filling in the process. A sheet pan will also catch any random drips.
- If you need to make this quiche in advance, reheat slices gently in the microwave and you'll be good to go on a busy day.
- You can bake, cool and wrap then freeze for a make ahead time saver.
- To reheat the whole quiche, place into a 325°F oven covered loosely with foil, baking for 8-10 minutes or just until heated through. Unless, frozen then extend the baking time accordingly.
Other Delicious Quiche Recipes to Add to the Menu
- Cornbread and Sausage Quiche combines two flavors into one lip smacking meal.
- Fan favorite Western Omelet Quiche.
- My son's favorite Bacon Cheddar Chive Quiche.
- Fusion Kentucky Hot Brown Quiche.
- Crustless Mini Vegetable Quiche made in a muffin pan.
- Another mouthwatering quiche recipe to try is this savory Chicken Quiche from Skinny Taste.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Broccoli Cheddar Bacon Quiche
- 1 9-inch deep dish frozen pie shell
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup steamed broccoli florets roughly chopped
- 3 green onion chopped
- 4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese divided
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the frozen pie shell on a baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, mayonnaise, garlic salt, onion powder, Dijon, and black pepper until fully combined.
- Fold in the broccoli florets, green onion, bacon and 1 cup shredded cheese. Pour into the pie shell.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the center is set when gently shaken. Cover the edges of the crust with aluminum foil, if needed to prevent over browning.
- Allow to cool to warm before cutting.