This colorful Western Omelet Quiche is what happens when a savory pie and a Western omelet collide. Eggs, cheese, peppers, green onion and ham all baked together with a luscious creamy custard in deep dish pie shell. Not only is this quiche easy but, it reheats beautifully, too. That could only spell deliciousness in my cookbook.
My Love of Quiche
Quiche reminds me of a little bistro I used to visit with my girlfriends for brunch. We got together at least one Saturday morning each month to catch up with each other and giggle. Mainly giggle. We often met at this little off the beaten path bistro where there was always something delicious being offered as the Chef’s special of the day. Quiche in every imaginable flavor was a regular rotation on the menu and always a hot favorite. Personally, I think quiche is fitting for any meal of the day. Especially when served with a light fruit compote or a salad of mixed salad greens to round out the meal.
If you’re pressed for time, this quiche can be prepared completely in advance, then gently reheated. Preferably one piece at a time. The creamy filling is luscious and decadent just as a quiche should be. If you prefer a different type of cheese, of course adapt the type of cheese in this recipe to suit your preference. Since my memories of enjoying quiche always involve chatter and laughter make sure you serve it with a healthy dose of each.
Thanks for vising come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Western Omelet Quiche
- 1 9 inch deep dish pie shell
- 4 green onion thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 4 oz smoked ham chopped and divided
- 1 1/2 cup colby jack or cheddar cheese divided
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Prick the bottom of a frozen pie shell using a fork. Bake for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a small skillet melt the butter. Cook the sliced green onion, green pepper and red pepper until softened around 2-3 minutes..
- Layer 1/2 of the ham and 1/2 of the shredded cheese on the bottom of the par baked pie shell.
- Whisk together the heavy cream, eggs and seasonings until fully combined. Add the cooked vegetables to the custard.
- Pour 1/2 over the first layer of ham and cheese then repeat ham, cheese and custard.
- Place onto a baking sheet and place into the oven. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Lower the oven temperature to 350°F and continue to cook for an additional 30-40 minutes.
- Rest on a cooling rack for at least 30 minutes before serving.