Simple ingredients come together in a spectacular way in this Bacon Cheddar Chive Quiche. Smokey crumbled bacon, cheddar cheese and fresh chives prove that ingredients don't have to be expensive to be transformed into something extraordinary. Pour the creamy egg filling carefully into the pie shell then bake together with the bacon, cheese and chives until puffed and golden. It's an entrée that's meant to be savored at any meal of the day.
Real Men Do Eat Bacon Chive Quiche
I know you've heard the old adage "real men don't eat quiche." I live in a house filled with quiche eating boys and know first-hand that statement to be completely untrue. At least i can attest that it's certainly not the case at our house. I mean, quiche is really a savory pie so, what's not to like, right? While I do love serving quiche as expected, at breakfast or brunch with a side of fruit, it makes for a spectacular entrée at any meal. I love to enjoy a slice of quiche as a light dinner with a side salad or an alternate side dish that would be complimentary to the flavor of the quiche.
Bacon Cheddar Chive Quiche Recipe
I typically prepare quiche just as pictured for this recipe, in a deep dish pie shell then cut into wedges for serving. However, for my low-carb friends, I make a muffin tin version that's crustless. Just to shake things up a bit with the crust try my potato crusted sausage and spinach quiche and a readers favorite cornbread and sausage quiche. Using cornbread in quiche is unexpected and a fantastic way to revive leftovers. Whether you fill quiche with vegetables, cheese, bacon, sausage or ham it makes a refined meal choice that always hits the spot.
Other Quiche Recipes to Try
Other quiche recipes you may like to try is my Easy Oven Western Omelet that can be assembled the night before then chilled and baked in the morning. Another crustless variation is this amazing Crustless Bacon Gruyere Cheese Quiche. Slow cooking fans can make this Slow Cooker Easy Quiche.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Bacon Cheddar Chive Quiche
- 1 9-inch deep dish pie shell
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese or cheddar cheese blend divided
- 8 slices bacon cooked and finely crumbled
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 ½ Tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp ground mustard
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper more or less to your taste
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- 1/16 tsp ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the pie crust on the baking sheet and dock the bottom with a fork. Set aside.
- Sprinkle ½ of the cheese and ½ of bacon on the bottom of the crust.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, half & half, chives, garlic salt, mustard, pepper, onion powder and nutmeg until; fully combined.
- Add the remaining crumbled bacon to the egg custard and stir. Pour into the pie shell.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Place into the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes or until lightly golden and the center is set when gently shaken. Check at 30 minutes and lay a piece of foil in top to prevent over browning, if needed.
- Allow to rest on the counter for 30-60 minutes before attempting to cut.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.