This post is brought to you by Martha White
This festive Cheddar Bacon Jalapeno Cornbread Loaf combines sharp cheddar cheese, smoky crumbled bacon and jalapeno peppers for heat. It’s certain to become a family favorite.
Easy Cheddar Bacon Jalapeno Cornbread Loaf Recipe
This 20th anniversary year marks an exciting milestone for cornbread. Martha White is such a beloved and trusted brand that has been a staple in my pantry for many years. Cornbread, also known as the other house bread of the South, is worthy of a celebration and the competition at this year’s all-star event is sure to turn out some fantastic new recipes. When asked by Martha White to develop a unique recipe for their anniversary celebration I knew it had to be something special. For my contribution to the virtual potluck celebration, I wanted to combine some of our favorite fiesta flavors into a loaf of bread that could be served alongside a bowl of pinto beans, taco soup, a salad or turned into a kicked-up grilled cheese.
How to Make the Best Cheddar Bacon Jalapeno Cornbread Loaf Recipe
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Cheddar Bacon Jalapeno Cornbread Loaf: Self rising flour, one packet Mexican style cornbread mix i.e. Martha White or similar, fresh chives, cumin, garlic, bacon, jalapeno peppers, shredded sharp cheddar cheese, milk, melted butter and large eggs.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: A large bowl, a medium bowl, a whisk, measuring cups and spoons, a large 9 or 10 inch loaf pan OR two 8 x 4 inch pans, cheese grater, sharp knife and cutting board
- Please note: I bake this in a larger-than-normal loaf pan. If you don’t have one, you have a couple of options. You can divide the batter and bake in two standard size 8 x 4 inch loaf pans. Alternatively, you can fill one pan 2/3 full, then any leftover batter can be baked as muffins.
- When changing the shape or volume of the batter in any given pan, the baking time will also need to be adjusted. Less batter will not take as long to bake.
- How long do you bake cornbread? It really depends on the recipe and the shape of the cornbread you’re making. This cornbread loaf bakes at 350°F for 40-50 minutes. Corn muffins will take much less time to bake and likely will be done in 25-30 minutes. Always follow the instructions and test the center for doneness prior to the end of baking.
- Always bake cornbread until a toothpick or a cake tester inserted into the center comes back clean.
- Store baked Cheddar Bacon Jalapeno Cornbread Load tightly wrapped and in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Reheat slices in single servings, toast in a skillet with butter or turn it into a grilled cheese.
- You can freeze this Cheddar Bacon Cornbread for up to 2 months.
More Southern Cornbread Recipes to Make
The best part of a meal sometimes is all about the side dishes! More side dishes that feature cornbread to make:
- Hot Water Cornbread is an oldie but goodie.
- Chili Chorizo Cornbread is packed with flavor.
- Broccoli Cheese Cornbread will have the family eating their vegetables and loving it!
- Old fashioned Crackling Cornbread made in a cast iron skillet.
- Easy Cornbread Casserole is a cross between cornbread and corn pudding.
- Chicken Taco Green Chile Cornbread is served topped with your favorite taco toppings.
- Pulled Pork Stuffed Cornbread stretches leftovers into a tasty side dish.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Disclaimer – This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Martha White. The opinions expressed are mine.
Cheddar Bacon Jalapeno Cornbread Loaf
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 7 oz package Mexican Style Cornbread & Muffin mix
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper
- 4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1/4 cup whole or 2% milk
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 3 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Liberally spray a non-stick 9x5x4-inch loaf pan. Set aside.
- Sift together the flour, Mexican cornbread mix, chives, cumin and garlic powder.
- Cut 5 thin round slices from the jalapeno and set aside. Seed and chop the rest of the pepper.
- Add the chopped jalapeno, crumbled bacon, and 1 cup shredded cheese to the sifted dry ingredients. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, melted butter and eggs.
- By hand mix the wet into the dry ingredients stirring until fully moistened.
- Spread the dough into the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle the top with the remaining shredded cheese and arrange the jalapeno slices on top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a long skewer inserted into the center shows moist crumbs.
- Cool in the pan for 30 minutes then turn out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Wrap tightly for storage or slice and serve immediately.