This Brown Butter Blondies recipe features a rich depth of flavor. They're filled with white chocolate chips and toasted pecans for added texture. Serve them for tea time, tailgating, the holidays or any time handheld desserts are on the menu.
Easy Brown Butter Blondies Recipe
How do you make browned butter? The flavor of brown butter is achieved by cooking the butter and toasting the milk solids in the butter itself. It becomes a rich golden brown amber color and takes on a rather nutty flavor. It adds depth of flavor to cake or cupcake frostings, pies, cakes, cookies and bars. You may have also heard of clarified butter and that's the complete opposite where the milk solids are actually removed from the melted butter. When doing this, it raises the smoke point for seamless cooking. In this instance, brown butter is sheer decadence in these blondies.
How to Make the Best Brown Butter Blondies Recipe
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Brown Butter Blondies: Butter, all purpose flour, brown sugar, salt, vanilla extract, large eggs, white chocolate baking chips and chopped and toasted pecans.
- Kitchen gadgets you'll need: A sheet pan to toast the pecans, 13 x 9 inch baking pan to bake the blondies, a hand mixer or large spoon, measuring cups and spoons, whisk, sharp knife and cutting board or food processor to chop the pecans, heavy duty aluminum foil and wire cooling rack.
- To make these blondies you begin by toasting the chopped pecans and then setting them aside to cool prior to adding them to the batter.
- Next, brown the butter on the stovetop. Patience is key here, it needs to cook over medium heat for several minutes until it turns a deep amber color.
- Placing the brown butter into the refrigerator gives it time to cool down prior to adding it to the rest of the ingredients. If you add it while it's still hot, the blondie bars won't bake properly.
- You can use a hand mixer to gently whip the cooled butter with the brown sugar, eggs and vanilla. We're not trying to whip a lot of air into the mixture, just enough to fully combine.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, toasted pecans and white chocolate chips into the batter by hand folding until they're evenly distributed.
- Spread the mixture evenly into a baking pan lined with heavy duty foil and bake per the recipe.
- Can I use another kind of nut? You could use walnuts in place of pecans using the same amount as called for in the recipe. I would still recommend toasting them.
- Store Brown Butter Blondies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
More Cookie Bars Brownies and Desserts to Make
- Ultimate Fudge Brownies are a rich scratch made brownie using pantry ingredients.
- Easy Cherry Pie Crumb Bars are a cake mix hack that anyone can make.
- Pecan Pie Bars are a portable version of pecan pie.
- Lemon Bars dusted with powdered sugar pack a punch of lemon in every bite.
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookie Bars are delicious served while warm while the chocolate is still gooey.
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars are a fun and delicious snack for tailgating, picnics and the holidays.
- Orange Brownies from Recipe Girl.
THANKS FOR VISITING COME BACK SOON!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Brown Butter Blondies
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans toasted and cooled
- 1 ¾ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate baking chips
- To toast Pecans: Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread pecans on a sheet pan in a single layer. Toast for 6-8 minutes then set aside to cool.
- To make Brown Butter: Melt butter in a heavy 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Once melted, lower heat to medium and continue cooking, watching closely, for 6-8 minutes or until butter foams and turns deep golden brown or amber in color. Immediately remove from heat; pour into a medium size mixing bowl. Chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. (This will speed up the process.)
- To make Blondies: Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with heavy duty aluminum foil, extending foil 2 inches over edges of pan. Spray bottom and sides of the foil-lined pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- To the cooled brown butter add brown sugar, eggs and vanilla .Whisk by hand or using a hand mixer on low speed. Add flour, baking powder and salt; mixing just until fully combined.
- By hand, stir in pecans and white chocolate chips. Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown around edges and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Use foil "handles" to lift blondies from pan. Cut into squares.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Leave a Reply