These rich and chocolaty Ultimate Fudge Brownies are certain to be a favorite with kids and adults alike. Their appeal is universal. Skip the boxed mix and enjoy these brownies at the holidays, for birthday parties, summer picnics and tailgating.
Easy Ultimate Fudge Brownies Recipe
If chocolate brownies are every child’s dream dessert then I’ll be the first to say, the child in me never grew-up. There’s just something about a warm brownie and a tall glass of cold milk. Eva, my dear friend and Godmother to my sons, makes the most delicious classic Southern brownies. I always find myself comparing every single brownie to hers and frankly, they’ve never quite measured up. After many attempts at making the ultimate fudgy brownies I have finally developed this recipe and my boys dubbed it the “ultimate.” It’s my go-to brownie recipe because they’re moist, chewy and sinfully chocolaty.
How to Make the BEST Ultimate Fudge Brownies Recipe
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Fudge Brownies: All purpose flour, baking powder, salt, semi sweet chocolate chips, dark cocoa powder, salt, granulated sugar, large eggs, light corn syrup and vanilla extract.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: Medium bowl, small bowl, measuring cups and spoons, double boiler, 13 x 9 inch baking dish or cake pan, silicone spatula and whisk.
- If you over bake these brownies, they will be dry.When testing, look for moist crumbs NOT a clean toothpick inserted into the center. When you see moist crumbs, they’re ready to remove from the oven.
- I’m a seasoned baker and 99% of the time I use a whisk to sift together the dry ingredients for biscuits, cookies, pancakes, brownie, muffins, cakes and beyond. It’s never failed me and works like a charm.
- If making these brownies in cupcake form, spritz the cupcake liners with cooking spray before filling for easy release.
- Bake cupcake brownies for 22-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center shows moist crumbs. Adjust the baking time according to your oven, if needed.
- You can also make these with other mix-ins such as M & M’s, Reese’s Pieces, nuts, chopped candy bars, caramel bits, marshmallows and beyond. The sky’s the limit with variations.
- I’ve used this brownie batter to make bars, brownie cupcakes and in mini muffin tins for bite sized treats. Just adjust the baking time according to the shape and size. There’s simply no wrong way to eat a brownie.
- Store Ultimate Fudge Brownies at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
More Brownie Recipes to Make
- Easy Strawberry Shortcake Brownie Cupcakes.
- Decadent Peanut Butter Brownie Trifle.
- Butterscotch Brownies are rich and chewy.
- Reese’s Brownies are filled with Reese’s pieces making them completely addictive.
- Two bite Melt Away Brownie Blossoms.
- Frosted Lunch Lady Brownies are cake like and delicious.
- Strawberry Brownie Parfaits from Cravings of a Lunatic.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Ultimate Fudge Brownies
Servings: 24 brownies
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder i.e. Hershey's Special Dark
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp light corn syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 13 x 9 inch pan with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a double boiler or in a heat proof bowl over 1 inch simmering water, melt together butter and 1 cup chocolate chips. Melt until completely smooth.
- Meanwhile, In a separate mixing bowl, using a whisk, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Add remaining chocolate chip, toss until coated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, corn syrup and vanilla.
- Temper the wet ingredients with 1/4 cup melted chocolate. Gradually whisk in the remaining melted chocolate, mix well. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Once cooled, add chocolate mixture to the sifted dry ingredients. Mix by hand until fully moistened.
- Spread evenly in pan. Place into the oven to bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center shows moist crumbs. Do not over bake.
- Cool in the pan on a cooling rack for at least 2 hours before cutting Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- You can bake these brownies in a 13 x 9 inch or two 9 x 9 inch pans, if desired. When baked in a 13 x 9 inch pan the center may be more gooey. Bake for 25 -27 minutes.
- If you over bake these brownies, they will be dry. When testing the center, look for moist crumbs not a clean toothpick. When you see moist crumbs, they're ready to remove from the oven.
- If making in cup cake form, spritz the cup cake liners with cooking spray before filling for easy release. Bake for 22-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes back with moist crumbs. Adjust the baking time according to your oven, if needed.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 274kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 44mg | Sodium: 61mg | Potassium: 169mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 278IU | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 2mg