Chocolate chip cookie bars are one of my sweetest childhood memories. These Oatmeal Chocolate Chip-Pecan Cookie Bars are not only filled with oatmeal, chocolate chips and pecans but they have a healthy dose of nostalgia as well. Serve warm or at room temperature with a tall glass of milk.
My Mom made cookie bars often. There was never a complaint heard from my brothers or from me. I can still remember the thrill I felt when I noticed the oh-so-familiar smell of cookie bars while baking filling our house. It was sheer torment waiting long enough for them to cool and cut but, they were always worth the wait. These chocolate chip cookie bars go a step further adding chewy oatmeal and toasted nuts to the mix. They’re rich and satisfying on every level. Enjoy them with a cup of coffee or hot tea, or the beloved stand-by a tall glass of cold milk. It’s a bonefide treat anytime of day.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip-Pecan Cookie Bars
- 1 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour plus 2 Tbsp
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup [2 sticks] butter softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 [11.5] oz package milk chocolate chips plus 1/2 cup divided
- 1 1/2 cup toasted pecans or walnuts toasted and divided
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread the nuts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast for 6-8 minutes until golden. Cool completely.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch metal non-stick baking pan with baking spray or butter.
- Sift together the oats, flour, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Beat for 2-3 minutes, then add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture. Stop and scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Mix in one [11.5] oz package of milk chocolate chips and 1 cup chopped nuts by hand.
- Spread into the prepared pan and sprinkle the top with the remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips and chopped nuts.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden.
- Cool completely then cut into bars.