The recipe for these oh-so- easy Crunchy No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars is a sweet sample of what you’ll find in the pages of Mary Younkin’s brand new cookbook entitled The Weeknight Dinner Cookbook featuring simple family friendly meals for everyday home cooking. You may recognize Mary from Facebbok or you may have seen her work around the web as she blogs full-time over at Barefeet In The Kitchen. In her just released cookbook you’ll find recipes for main dish entrees as well as fabulous side dishes and in her words a “sprinkling of sweet treats.”
The color photos are so handy allowing you to see how the dish is supposed to look as well as giving serving and styling tips to use when your entertaining. Mary includes the amount of time and effort it takes to make each dish, too. One thing I love about Mary is she uses everyday easy-to-find ingredients that don’t require multiple specialty shop visits to find. She also cooks homestyle which you know, is close to my heart. Some of the dishes you’ll find in the book are Sweet Chipotle Chicken Bites, Creamy Kielbasa and Broccoli Pasta, Philly Cheese Steak Potato Skillet, Honey Chipotle Meatloaf, Skillet Mexican Street Corn, Italian Rice Pilaf, Cinnamon Toast Cake, Lemon Curd Mini Cheesecakes, Never-Fail Blondies as well as these delicious Crunchy No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars.
If you enjoy cooking or if you cook for a family and need ideas to jazz up meals, this cookbook is a must add to your cookbook collection. The gorgeous photos and easy-to-follow instructions will give you the tools you need to make delicious meals for your family and the kids can help, too. The Weeknight Dinner Cookbook is one of those rare finds that you’re sure to return to over and over again for mealtime inspiration.
You can purchase Mary’s book here on Amazon
See it at The Weekend Potluck here
Crunchy No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3 cups regular or frosted cornflakes
- Place the chocolate chips, peanut butter, honey and butter in a large glass mixing bowl.
- Microwave for 2 minutes at full power.
- Remove from the microwave and stir until the chocolate has completely melted and everything is well combined.
- Stir-in the cornflakes. Mix well.
- Line an 8 x 8-inch pan with parchment paper. Spread the chocolate mixture evenly into the pan.
- Chill until firm for at leas 2-4 hours.
- Slice with a sharp knife and store chilled in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.