This oh-so-simple Butterfinger Pie is a chocolate peanut butter lovers dream. It couldn't be easier to make. The creamy no-bake peanut butter filling is chocked full of crushed Butterfinger candy bars. Using a prepared graham cracker crust makes preparation an absolute cinch. Don't worry about cutting it, just put it in the middle of the table and pass out spoons and let everyone dig in.
Easy No Bake Butterfinger Pie Recipe
This easy Butterfinger pie is my take on a classic Pillsbury recipe. Pillsbury has been inspiring home cooks for decades and I'm no different. In their recipe, they put the peanut butter filling into a refrigerated crust that had been blind baked and cooled. That's not difficult but, for the purpose of simplifying even further, I use a prepared graham cracker crust. Due to switching out the crust, you can literally whip this pie up in minutes making for an easy sweet fix any time of year.
How to Make the Best Butterfinger Pie Recipe
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Butterfinger Pie: One premade graham cracker crust, crushed Butterfinger candy bars, plain cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar, frozen whipped topping i.e. Cool Whip or similar.
- Kitchen gadgets you'll need: A hand mixer or a stand mixer, measuring cups and spoons, a large rubber spatula and an offset spatula or spoon to spread the filling into the pie crust.
- It's important to begin with softened cream cheese so that the filling ingredient will easily combine.
- If you prefer, you can use Neufchatel cheese in place of full fat cream cheese.
- You could use crunchy peanut butter in place of creamy peanut butter in the same amount.
- How do you make your own whipped cream? One pint of heavy cream, whipped with ¼-1/3 cup of granulated sugar and a splash of vanilla will work perfectly. Whip on medium-high until stiff peaks form being careful not to overwhip or you'll end up with butter.
- If you need two pies for a holiday or special event, the ingredients in this recipe will easily double.
- Store Butterfinger Pie thoroughly chilled in the refrigerator for several hours to allow it time to set up for the cleanest cuts. You can also store leftovers covered and chilled for up to 5 days.
- You can freeze this Butterfinger Pie for up to 2 months.
Butterfinger Pie and More Southern Style Desserts to Make
Whether it's warm weather and baking doesn't appeal to you or you're simply short on time, no bake desserts can be a lifesaver. On such occasions we're fortunate to have so many convenience items available to help when you're short on time. A few other no bake semi-homemade recipes you may like to try:
- No Bake Cherry Cheesecake is a vintage pie that will put a smile on the faces around you.
- Red Velvet Oreo Icebox Pie can be made with any brand of red velvet sandwich cookie.
- No Bake Triple Berry Icebox Pie is adorned with a triple combination of fresh berries making it ideal for warm weather and Patriotic holidays.
- Hawaiian Ice Box Pie is always a hit.
- Reese's Peanut Butter Pie is a dessert rock star.
- Frozen Raspberry Pie can be made well in advance for a delicious make ahead dessert.
- If chocolate is your pleasure, checkout this 10 minute Creamy Chocolate Icebox Pie from Foodie with Family.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
- 1 9 oz prepared graham cracker crust
- 1 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 8 oz frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 1 10 oz Butterfingers baking bits or 3 full size Butterfinger candy bars, crushed
- Using an electric mixer, whip together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, peanut butter and vanilla. Beat on medium-high speed until fully combined.
- Fold 1 ½ containers of thawed whipped topping and crushed candy bars into the filling by hand. Reserve ⅓ cup of crushed candy bars for the top.
- Spread into the crust. Top with the reserved thawed whipped topping and garnish with the remaining crushed candy bars.
- Chill for 4 hours before slicing.
Leave a Reply