No Bake Fluffy Cherry Cheesecake – Ice box pies like this cherry cheesecake are the greatest. While I dearly love baking from scratch there are moments there just isn’t enough time or it’s simply too hot to turn on the oven. That’s when I turn to this no bake fluffy cherry cheesecake pie. Ice box pies hold a dear place in my heart as it was one of my Gramma’s favorite pies to have on hand for drop in family. Most often there was blueberry cheesecake sitting in her fridge. As a little girl I was convinced I saw a light beam from heaven shining on her pie each time I opened the door of the fridge. It seemed to be one of the most popular flavors that she made and it disappeared rather quickly.
My Gramma Minnie was an old school cook who never wrote anything down but cooked everything from memory. She told me how to make her cheesecake pies and oh how I wish I had it in her own handwriting now. That would be a true treasure. I do have many many memories of following her around in the kitchen and watching her at work, though. This cherry cheesecake comes very close in flavor and texture of hers and I can’t make a pie like this one without thinking of her. I chose cherry but, you could of course make it using any flavor fruit topping that you wish. It’s easy peasy and good to the last slice.
No Bake Fluffy Cherry Cheesecake
- 1 9 oz premade graham cracker crust
- 2 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp pure almond extract
- 1 8 oz frozen whipped topping thawed or 2 cup sweetened fresh whipped cream
- 1 20 oz can cherry pie filling
- In a medium size mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and almond extracts. Beat for 2 minutes until completely smooth.
- Fold in the whipped topping by hand.
- Spread into the graham cracker crust and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Spoon the cherry pie filling on top before serving. Store chilled.