When the words “candied” and bacon occur together in one sentence the outcome can only be one of sheer bliss. Bacon Nation is passionate about their love of bacon. Their motto is “Everything is better with bacon.” I completely concur. There are only 3 ingredients standing between you and Candied Maple Bacon boasting some serious candied bacon love. The keys to success with this is to use pure and only pure maple syrup.
The quality of the maple syrup affects the taste and color of the bacon giving it a deep amber color. Maple syrup is generally sold in 3 grades light, medium or dark amber. I used medium amber pure maple syrup. It’s also important to adjust the end time of baking according to the thickness of the bacon used and how hot your oven bakes. It is amazing in over-the-top deliciousness and can be used any way you like for a special topping on salads, crumbled and mixed into desserts, sandwiches or as a side to your favorite eggs.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Candied Maple Bacon
- 1 lb center cut bacon
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup [recommend medium amber]
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. To assist with clean-up cover the bottom of a baking sheet with aluminum foil and fit a baking rack into the baking pan.
- Spritz the rack liberally with cooking spray.
- Brush each bacon strip with maple syrup then sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Place on the rack without touching and repeat brushing with maple syrup and covering with brown sugar on the opposite side.
- Bake for 15 minutes then turn and continue to bake for an additional 10-15 minutes [depending on the thickness of the bacon, watch carefully] or until crisp.
- Remove immediately from the baking rack onto parchment paper and lay flat to cool.
- Do not stack.
If you choose to use dark brown sugar, watch carefully for over cooking due to the high molasses content.