Easy Southern Bacon Dill Deviled Eggs Recipe
It's likely to come as no surprise when I say that we enjoy deviled eggs in the South. The classic Southern style version that we call "Simply Delicious" is what I make most often but, once in a while I'll make an adjustment to the ingredients to change things up a little. Variety is the spice of life, right? I can't imagine a single holiday, family, church or office potluck gathering that wouldn't have a variety of deviled eggs to enjoy.
How to Make the Best Bacon Dill Deviled Eggs Recipe
The filling mix-in options for deviled eggs are numerous and the sky's truly the limit. You're only limited by your imagination. Get creative and have fun with your deviled eggs flavors.
- Ingredients needed to make easy Bacon Dill Deviled Eggs: 8 large eggs, cooked and crumbled bacon, mayonnaise, pickle relish, horseradish mustard, fresh dill, salt and black pepper. To garnish, fresh sprigs of dill and bacon.
- There is a substitute for mayonnaise for deviled eggs. For those in your family who may have an aversion to mayonnaise in the filling, mashed avocado will work like a charm.
- In this variation, the horseradish in the mustard lends a subtle bite to the filling. You could adapt using Dijon or whole grain mustard.
- The smokiness of the bacon and tangy dill together all combine to provide a nice twist on flavors. The bacon can be made in advance and crumbled to expedite assembling. Reserve a small amount for garnishing as pictured. To make it easy checkout my recipe for easy Oven Fried Bacon.
- These eggs are especially tasty for special occasion meals or when you want something a bit different to serve as an appetizer when entertaining guests.
- Store deviled eggs in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Other Easy Egg Recipes to Make
The incredible edible egg is budget friendly making it a go-to in my kitchen for quick meals and snacking. Other egg-tastic dishes to add to the menu:
- Bacon Dill Egg Salad with Pimentos is scrumptious stuffed into croissants.
- You can serve this Avocado Egg Salad on a bed of lettuce for a light meal.
- Deviled Egg Salad is delicious turned into sliders for your small bites menu.
- Creole Shrimp Deviled Eggs from Southern Living for a taste of New Orleans flavors.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Bacon Dill Deviled Eggs
- 8 large eggs
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 3 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 ½ tablespoon horseradish mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar or equivalent of artificial sweetener
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped dill plus additional for garnishing
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Boil the eggs in salted water for around 10-12 minutes. Drain the hot water and cover with cold water. Allow to cool until they're easier to handle.
- Peel, cut in half and scoop out the yolks into a mixing bowl along with 2 whole hard boiled eggs. Mash with a fork until combined.
- To the mashed egg yolks add the remaining ingredients. Reserve a few bacon crumbles for garnishing. Taste and adjust the salt, pepper and sweetness to your taste.
- Divide the filling evenly between the 12 shells and top with bacon. Garnish each with a sprig of fresh dill.
- Chill for at least 2 hours prior to serving.