These Bacon Dill Deviled Eggs are the perfect excuse to enjoy the classic bacon and egg flavor combination at any time of day. The creamy seasoned centers are embellished with crumbled bacon giving them a smoky edge. Garnish with a sprig of dill then enjoy them as a side dish or an appetizer at your next potluck gathering.
Easy Southern Bacon Dill Deviled Eggs Recipe
It’s likely to come as no surprise when I say that we enjoy deviled eggs in the South. The classic Southern style version that we call “Simply Delicious” is what I make most often but, once in a while I’ll make an adjustment to the ingredients to change things up a little. Variety is the spice of life, right? I can’t imagine a single holiday, family, church or office potluck gathering that wouldn’t have a variety of deviled eggs to enjoy. How to make homemade Deviled Eggs with bacon:
- Eggs – 8 large eggs.
- Filling – Mayonnaise and horseradish mustard.
- Mix-in – Sweet pickle relish or dill pickle relish.
- Bacon – 3 slices cooked and crumbled classic bacon.
- Seasonings – Salt, black pepper and granulated sugar or equivalent of artificial sweetener of choice.
- Dill – Fresh chopped dill plus dill sprigs for garnishing.
How to Make the Best Bacon Dill Deviled Eggs Recipe
The filling mix-in options for deviled eggs are numerous and the sky’s truly the limit. You’re only limited by your imagination. Get creative and have fun with your deviled eggs flavors.
- Ingredients needed to make easy Bacon Dill Deviled Eggs: 8 large eggs, cooked and crumbled bacon, mayonnaise, pickle relish, horseradish mustard, fresh dill, salt and black pepper. To garnish, fresh sprigs of dill and bacon.
- There is a substitute for mayonnaise for deviled eggs. For those in your family who may have an aversion to mayonnaise in the filling, mashed avocado will work like a charm.
- In this variation, the horseradish in the mustard lends a subtle bite to the filling. You could adapt using Dijon or whole grain mustard.
- The smokiness of the bacon and tangy dill together all combine to provide a nice twist on flavors. The bacon can be made in advance and crumbled to expedite assembling. Reserve a small amount for garnishing as pictured. To make it easy checkout my recipe for easy Oven Fried Bacon.
- These eggs are especially tasty for special occasion meals or when you want something a bit different to serve as an appetizer when entertaining guests.
- Store deviled eggs in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
More Easy Egg Recipes to Make
The incredible edible egg is budget friendly making it a go-to in my kitchen for quick meals and snacking. Other egg-tastic dishes to add to the menu:
- Bacon Dill Egg Salad with Pimentos is scrumptious stuffed into croissants.
- Muffin pan Baked French Eggs are a viral Pinterest sensation.
- You can serve this Avocado Egg Salad on a bed of lettuce for a light meal.
- You can have poached eggs any day of the week with these Microwave Poached Eggs.
- Deviled Egg Salad is delicious turned into sliders for your small bites menu.
- Eggs Benedict with Blender Hollandaise Sauce for special weekend or holiday brunch.
- Creole Shrimp Deviled Eggs from Southern Living for a taste of New Orleans flavors.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission ano additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Bacon Dill Deviled Eggs
- 8 large eggs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp sweet pickle relish
- 3 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 Tbsp horseradish mustard
- 1 tsp sugar or equivalent of artificial sweetener
- 1 tsp fresh chopped dill plus additional for garnishing
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Boil the eggs in salted water for around 10-12 minutes. Drain the hot water and cover with cold water. Allow to cool until they’re easier to handle.
- Peel, cut in half and scoop out the yolks into a mixing bowl along with 2 whole hard boiled eggs. Mash with a fork until combined.
- To the mashed egg yolks add the remaining ingredients. Reserve a few bacon crumbles for garnishing. Taste and adjust the salt, pepper and sweetness to your taste.
- Divide the filling evenly between the 12 shells and top with bacon. Garnish each with a sprig of fresh dill.
- Chill for at least 2 hours prior to serving.