These sweet and salty Candied Bacon Breadsticks are the kind of appetizer that everyone gravitates to. They’re served at room temperature making them ideal for make-ahead preparation.
Easy Candied Bacon Wrapped Breadsticks Recipe
These breadsticks are so very simple to put together and make for a beautiful presentation. They can be placed into parchment paper cones or arranged on a platter right along with the other appetizers and finger foods. Sweet and salty snacks always have a place on the party menu whether it’s a swanky black tie party or casual football or holiday soiree. How to make simple Candied Bacon Breadsticks in the oven:
- Breadsticks – 24 thin breadsticks (i.e. plain or rosemary seasoned, everything bagel, sesame seeds etc).
- Sugar – Light brown sugar.
- Seasoning – Ground ancho or chipotle pepper, optional.
- Bacon – 12 slices regular classic thin cut bacon cut in half lengthwise.
How to Make the Best Candied Bacon Breadsticks Recipe
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Candied Bacon Breadsticks: Crisp breadsticks, bacon, light brown sugar and ground chipotle or ancho chili powder.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: A broiler pan or a rimmed sheet pan fitted with an oven safe rack, a shallow bowl or plate, knife, measuring cups and spoons, cutting board.
- The breadsticks used in this recipe are crisp, not soft. I highly recommend having extra on hand as they can sometimes have broken pieces inside the packaging.
- It’s best to use light brown sugar and not dark brown sugar as it has a tendency to burn while baking.
- I used a rosemary flavored breadstick for this recipe. It’s not necessary to do so, in fact a plain breadstick or a breadstick that’s seasoned with everything seasoning or sprinkled with sesame seeds are also terrific options. Go with your desired end flavor combination and what you like.
- These can be made one day in advance, then stored in an airtight container in the fridge overnight. Bring to room temperature for serving.
- Halfway thru baking, I sprinkle some of the leftover brown sugar onto the tops of the bacon. This is not necessary to do, in fact, if you forget about it don’t sweat it, they will be delicious after the initial coating.
- Serve these breadsticks for holiday appetizers, game day eats, small party bites or any gathering when finger foods are on the menu.
- These bacon wrapped breadsticks will add height and visual interest to the table when displayed in glasses, french fry baskets or even pencil holders lined with parchment paper. Equally beautiful arranged on a platter.
- Store baked Candied Bacon Wrapped Breadsticks chilled in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Bring to room temperature for serving.
More Recipes Using Bacon to Make
When making these breadsticks, use a really good quality bacon and go with your favorite brand and flavor. Whether it’s Applewood smoked, maple flavored or otherwise, choose a variety that you already know your family enjoys.
Other bacon lovers recipes to add to your recipe file:
- Homemade Bacon Jam for biscuits, burgers, sandwiches and slathered on crostini as an appetizer.
- Bacon Wrapped Brown Sugar Smokies are a party favorite.
- Bacon Dill Deviled Eggs can be served as a side dish or an appetizer.
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Dip is always a hit!
- Bacon Cheddar Chive Quiche makes a meal any time of day.
- See this tutorial for How to Cook Bacon in the oven.
- Sweet and salty Maple Bacon Fudge from Ashlee Marie.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Candied Bacon Breadsticks
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground ancho or chipotle pepper optional
- 24 thin breadsticks (i.e. rosemary seasoned or similar)
- 12 slices regular thin cut bacon cut in half lengthwise
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line the bottom of a broiler pan with foil then spray the grill top with cooking spray. Alternatively, line a large sheet pan with foil and fit with an oven safe baking rack sprayed with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Whisk together brown sugar and chipotle pepper on a rimmed pan or dish.
- Wrap each breadstick with one piece bacon. Roll in sugar pressing onto bacon. Arrange assembled breadsticks on broiler pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Halfway through baking, sprinkle with any leftover brown sugar.
- Carefully remove from pan to parchment paper to cool completely.
- Serve immediately.