These sweet and salty Candied Bacon Breadsticks are the kind of appetizer that everyone gravitates to. They're served at room temperature making them ideal for make-ahead preparation.
Easy Candied Bacon Wrapped Breadsticks Recipe
These breadsticks are so very simple to put together and make for a beautiful presentation. They can be placed into parchment paper cones or arranged on a platter right along with the other appetizers and finger foods. Sweet and salty snacks always have a place on the party menu whether it's a swanky black tie party or casual football or holiday soiree.
Helpful Tips for Making Candied Bacon Breadsticks
- The breadsticks used in this recipe are crisp, not soft. I highly recommend having extra on hand as they can sometimes have broken pieces inside the packaging.
- It's best to use light brown sugar and not dark brown sugar as it has a tendency to burn.
- I used a rosemary flavored breadstick for this recipe. It's not necessary to do so, in fact a plain breadstick or a breadstick that's seasoned with everything seasoning or sprinkled with sesame seeds are also terrific options. Go with your desired end flavor combination and what you like.
- These can be made one day in advance, then stored in an airtight container in the fridge overnight. Bring to room temperature for serving.
- Halfway thru baking, I sprinkle some of the leftover brown sugar onto the tops of the bacon. This is not necessary to do, in fact, if you forget about it don't sweat it, they will be delicious after the initial coating.
- Serve these breadsticks for holiday appetizers, game day eats, small party bites or any gathering when finger foods are on the menu.
- These bacon wrapped breadsticks will add height and visual interest to the table when displayed in glasses, french fry baskets or even pencil holders lined with parchment paper. Equally beautiful arranged on a platter.
Other Bacon Recipes to Add to the Menu
When making these breadsticks, use a really good quality bacon and go with your favorite flavor. Whether it's applewood smoked, maple flavored or otherwise, choose a variety that you already know your family enjoys.
Other bacon lovers recipes to add to your recipe file:
- Homemade Bacon Jam for biscuits, burgers, sandwiches and slathered on crostini as an appetizer.
- Bacon Wrapped Brown Sugar Smokies are a party favorite.
- Bacon Dill Deviled Eggs can be served as a side dish or an appetizer.
- Bacon Cheddar Chive Quiche makes a meal any time of day.
- Sweet and salty Maple Bacon Fudge from Ashlee Marie.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Candied Bacon Breadsticks
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ancho or chipotle pepper optional
- 24 thin breadsticks (i.e. rosemary seasoned or similar)
- 12 slices regular thin cut bacon cut in half lengthwise
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line the bottom of a broiler pan with foil then spray the grill top with cooking spray. Alternatively, line a large sheet pan with foil and fit with an oven safe baking rack sprayed with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Whisk together brown sugar and chipotle pepper on a rimmed pan or dish.
- Wrap each breadstick with one piece bacon. Roll in sugar pressing onto bacon. Arrange assembled breadsticks on broiler pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Halfway through baking, sprinkle with any leftover brown sugar.
- Carefully remove from pan to parchment paper to cool completely.
- Serve immediately.