November 9, 2011 updated April 30, 2021
These Smokehouse Bacon Cheeseburgers drizzled with barbecue mayo, are a delicious way to up your burger game. Flavored with cheese, bacon and barbecue sauce results in a juicy cheeseburger with smoky undertones. It's a simple, yet delicious way to expand your burger menu.
Easy Smokehouse Bacon Cheeseburgers Recipe
We love barbecue and we're always looking for opportunities to use the sweet and smoky flavors in more than one way. I like to serve this burger with my sweet potato fries or air fryer crispy potatoes for a terrific casual meal full of flavor and punch. Not only do we love the homemade barbecue mayo on this burger, but it also serves as a delicious alternative to ketchup for dipping potato wedges or french fries.
How to Make the Best Smokehouse Bacon Cheeseburgers Recipe
- Ingredients you'll need to make this recipe for Smokehouse Bacon Cheeseburgers: 2 ½ pounds ground sirloin, cooked and crumbled bacon, barbecue sauce, barbecue seasoning, finely minced onion, cold water, shredded colby jack cheese and thick cut colby jack cheese to melt on top.
- For the Barbecue Mayonnaise you'll need: Mayonnaise, barbecue sauce and barbecue seasoning. Whisk it all together in a small bowl then cover and chill in the refrigerator until serving.
- Kitchen Gadgets you'll need: Mixing bowls, measuring cups and spoons, a sharp knife and chopping board, a grill or grill pan if making indoors, a spatula to flip the burgers and a platter for allowing the burgers to rest for a few minutes before serving.
- If you cook these burgers over high heat, the sugar content of the barbecue sauce can burn easily. Keep an eye on them and be patient.
- You can easily double this recipe, or make the burgers any size you like, depending on the amount of servings needed.
- The barbecue mayo can be made one day in advance, then chilled until serving. This will give ample time for the flavors to meld together.
- Top each burger with a thick slice of colby-jack cheese and allow it to melt before serving.
- Enjoy on toasted or grilled kaiser rolls with your favorite toppings, and a drizzle of barbecue mayonnaise.
- Barbecue sauce is sweet, so adjust the brand depending on your dietary needs or your favorite flavor.
- Serve with assorted burger fixin's such as lettuce, tomatoes, onion, pickled jalapenos, sautéed mushrooms, crispy onion strings and refrigerator pickles.
More Burger Inspired Recipes to Make
There's no wrong occasion or time to make a juicy burger for supper. More burger recipes you may also like to try:
- Open Faced Mushroom and Onion Steak Burgers made in the oven.
- Cozy up to a bowl of Cheeseburger Soup in place of chili for game day snacking.
- Cheeseburger Bites for casual meals and game day snacking.
- Bacon Cheeseburger Pie for a family pleasing entrée.
- Easy English Muffin Cheeseburger Pizzas from Beef It's What's for Dinner
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Smokehouse Bacon Cheeseburgers
Servings: 6 Cheeseburgers
- 2- 2 ½ lbs ground sirloin
- 1 ½ cups shredded colby-jack cheese
- 8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- ⅓ cup barbecue sauce [i.e. Sweet Baby Ray's or your favorite]
- ⅓ cup minced onion
- ⅓ cup cold water
- 1 ½ teaspoon barbecue seasoning [i.e. McCormick Brown Sugar Bourbon, Barbecue Magic or your favorite]
- 4 thick cut slices colby-jack cheese
- assorted toppings: lettuce tomato, onion, jalapeno slices, dill pickles
- Barbecue mayo: [Whisk together and keep chilled]
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon barbecue seasoning adjust to taste
- Add the first 6 ingredients to a small mixing bowl reserving the sliced cheese to melt on top later.
- Using your hands, mix all of the ingredients together being careful not to over mix. Shape into 4-6 patties.
- On the stove top using a grill pan, over medium-high heat, cook the burgers in a couple of drizzles of olive oil.
- If grilling, oil the grates well before adding them to the grill. Cook on medium-high heat.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or to your desired level of doneness.
- Serve on kaiser rolls dressed with your favorite toppings and a dollop of barbecue mayo.
Serving: 1burger | Calories: 763kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 59g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 162mg | Sodium: 902mg | Potassium: 638mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 458IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 282mg | Iron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @melissassk or tag #melissassk!
Love, love the recipes. Easy to follow directions. Really enjoy trying new things, just don't have the know how to invent. Thank you so much!
I'm so happy you're finding some to enjoy, thank you!