Top these juicy Air Fryer Hamburgers with your favorite fixing's and it's dinner in minutes with easy clean-up, too.
How to Make Air Fryer Hamburgers
When it comes to air frying, burgers aren't likely the first to come to mind. While it may seem like a stretch, I can tell you firsthand that it's a fabulous option for busy day meals. I'd be the first to say that grilling is my gold standard when it comes to hamburgers and cheeseburgers. However, some days the air fryer comes to the rescue and cooks perfectly juicy burgers while you put together the toppings of choice. That's a dinner win, in my book.
Helpful Tips for Making Hamburgers in an Air Fryer
Air fryers are a handy kitchen gadget with a myriad of uses. In this instance, I wanted to mention just a few tips for your burger making success.
- To keep the burgers juicy, it's best to use an 80/20 or 85/15 fat to meat ratio ground beef.
- The seasonings in the burgers can be adapted to suit your taste. You could replace salt with seasoned salt, or season them with salt and pepper alone. It won't make a difference to the cooking time.
- Everyone likes their burgers cooked differently. We tend to like ours medium-well to well done and the cooking time in the recipe reflects that. For medium or medium rare, simply reduce the cooking time according to how your appliance performs.
- Air fryers, much like slow cookers can perform differently. Know your appliance, and you'll make perfect burgers every time.
- Set up a toppings bar including lettuce, onion, tomatoes, pickles, bacon, jalapenos, mushrooms or whatever your family enjoys. After all it's your party.
Other Burger Recipes to Add to the Menu
- Smokehouse Bacon Cheeseburgers
- Black and Bleu Burgers
- Open faced Mushroom and Onion Steakburgers
- Mexican Beef Sliders with Tomatilla Sauce
- Cheeseburger Bites
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Air Fryer Hamburgers
- 1 ½ lb 80/20 or 85/15 ground beef `
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce OR steak sauce
- 1 ½ tsp steak seasoning
- ½ tsp granulated garlic
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 4 slices American or cheddar cheese (Use your favorite)
- buns, lettuce, tomato, pickles, mushrooms, bacon, jalapenos and desired condiments for serving
- Spray the basket of an air fryer with cooking spray or brush with oil. Preheat to 350°F.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, mix together beef, Worcestershire sauce, steak seasoning, garlic and onion powder. Shape into 4 even size patties about ½ - ¾ inch thick.
- Place into basket of air fryer. Cook for 6-8 minutes, then flip. Continue to cook for another 6-8 minutes. (Adjust time depending on desired doneness)
- Place one slice of cheese on each burger and let stand in basket for 5 minutes to melt.
- Serve immediately on toasted buns with desired toppings.