Top these juicy Air Fryer Hamburgers with your favorite fixing's and it's dinner in minutes with easy clean-up, too.
Easy Air Fryer Hamburgers Recipe
When it comes to air frying, burgers aren't likely the first to come to mind. While it may seem like a stretch, I can tell you firsthand that it's a fabulous option for busy day meals. I'd be the first to say that grilling is my gold standard when it comes to hamburgers and cheeseburgers. However, some days the air fryer comes to the rescue and cooks perfectly juicy burgers while you put together the toppings of choice. That's a dinner win, in my book.
How to Make the Best Air Fryer Hamburgers
Air fryers are a handy kitchen gadget with a myriad of uses. In this instance, I wanted to mention just a few tips for your burger making success.
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Air Fryer Hamburgers: 1 ½ pounds 80/20 or 85/15 ground sirloin or ground chuck, worcestershire sauce, granulated garlic, steak or hamburger seasoning and onion powder.
- Kitchen gadgets you'll need: An air fryer, measuring cups and spoons, a mixing bowl and a spatula to turn the burgers halfway through cooking.
- To keep the burgers juicy, it's best to use an 80/20 or 85/15 fat to meat ratio ground beef. This can be ground chuck, ground sirloin or a mix of the two.
- The seasonings in the burgers can be adapted to suit your taste. You could replace salt with seasoned salt, barbecue seasoning or season them simply with salt and pepper alone. It won't make a difference to the cooking time.
- How long do you cook burgers in an air fryer? For this recipe you'll cook them for 6-8 minutes per side flipping halfway through. Adjust the time depending on the thickness of the patties and how well done you like you burgers.
- Everyone likes their burgers cooked differently. We tend to like ours medium-well to well done and the cooking time in the recipe reflects that. For medium or medium rare, simply reduce the cooking time according to how your appliance performs.
- Air fryers, much like slow cookers can perform differently. Know your appliance, and you'll make perfect burgers every time.
- Set up a toppings bar including lettuce, onion, tomatoes, pickles, bacon, jalapenos, mushrooms or whatever your family enjoys. After all it's your party.
- I think burgers are best made and served. Should you have leftovers, transform them into a cheeseburger quesadilla or make it into a patty melt for a round two meal.
More Southern Style Burger Recipes to Make
- My recipe for Smokehouse Bacon Cheeseburgers comes with a simple barbecue mayonnaise to drizzle on top.
- These flavorful Black and Bleu Burgers will rival any you'd get in a restaurant.
- Open faced Mushroom and Onion Steakburgers are baked open faced style on a sheet pan in the oven.
- Mexican Beef Sliders with Tomatilla Sauce are party ready.
- These easy Cheeseburger Bites are a fun way to serve cheeseburgers without the buns.
- See how to make a side of Air Fryer French Fries from Love and Lemons.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Air Fryer Hamburgers
- 1 ½ lb 80/20 or 85/15 ground beef `
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce OR steak sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoon steak seasoning
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 4 slices American or cheddar cheese (Use your favorite)
- buns, lettuce, tomato, pickles, mushrooms, bacon, jalapenos and desired condiments for serving
- Spray the basket of an air fryer with cooking spray or brush with oil. Preheat to 350°F.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, mix together beef, Worcestershire sauce, steak seasoning, garlic and onion powder. Shape into 4 even size patties about ½ - ¾ inch thick.
- Place into basket of air fryer. Cook for 6-8 minutes, then flip. Continue to cook for another 6-8 minutes. (Adjust time depending on desired doneness)
- Place one slice of cheese on each burger and let stand in basket for 5 minutes to melt.
- Serve immediately on toasted buns with desired toppings.