My love for coconut, caramel and cookies collide in these Caramel Rum Macaroon Cookies. They’re made with dulce de leche a luscious thick caramel made from cooked and reduced sweetened condensed milk. Mixed together with sweet shredded coconut, egg and flour to bind, they’re baked until set and beautifully golden. Top each one with a chocolate kiss and enjoy every bite.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Caramel-Rum Macaroon Cookies
- 1  oz angel flaked sweetened coconut
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds toasted
- 1 cup chocolate covered English toffee bits
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp pure rum extract
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1  oz can dulce de leche
- 30 caramel filled chocolate candy kisses
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the flaked coconut, flour, salt, 1/2 cup almonds and English toffee bits. Stir until evenly distributed.
- Whisk together the egg with the heavy cream, then add to the same bowl bowl along with the flavorings and dulce de leche. Mix until fully combined, the mixture will be stiff.
- Use a 2 oz ice cream scoop or a Tbsp to separate into mounds.
- Place at least 1 1/2 inches apart on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Unwrap the caramel filled kisses and gently press one into the center of each caramel-rum macaroon cookie.
- Cool on a cooling rack.
Dulce de Leche is luscious thick caramel. It's readily available in the Hispanic foods section of most grocery stores.