These delicious golden White Chocolate Macadamia Coconut Cookies are chocked full of white chocolate chips, macadamia nuts and coconut. The island flavors will blow you away with one bite. Crispy around the edges and filled with sweet goodness they won’t last long in your cookie jar.
One summer evening while I was cleaning up the kitchen from dinner, I noticed my youngest son looking a little intense. He was around 4 years old at the time and he was laying on the floor playing with one of his little cars. I asked him if he was okay and without even looking up he said “uh huh” and kept playing. A little while later he came, threw his arms around my neck and said, “Momma, I’m so hungry.” I immediately asked what he wanted to eat and without the slightest hesitation he said, “Cookies and milk like Santa!” You can bet I didn’t waste a minute turning on the oven to bake a batch of cookies for him and I have never denied either of my boys a single cookie request not then or now. It’s like a right of passage in childhood, cookies and milk are kid comfort food.
That baby boy is 10 now and he’s still crazy about warm cookies in any flavor. Both of my boys love these cookies although I admit, I usually bake them for myself as they are one of my absolute favorites. Making the dough from scratch isn’t difficult at all, with the bonus that you can keep the dough tucked away in the fridge so you can bake fresh cookies any time you want. If you’d like to make a half batch and freeze half of the cookie dough for another time that works beautifully, too. If like my family you’re a fan of cookies, these won’t last long in your cookie jar.
White Chocolate Macadamia Coconut Cookies
- 1 cup salted butter softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cup macadamia nuts. chopped
- 1 10 oz package sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer cream together the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla. Beat for 2 minutes until creamy. Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Scrape the sides of the bowl periodically.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. Add gradually to the creamed mixture stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.
- By hand mix in the white chocolate chips, macadamia nuts and coconut, Mix until the ingredients are evenly distributed. The dough will be stiff.
- Use a 2 oz ice cream scoop to divide the dough placing 2-inches apart on the pans.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until golden. Cool on the pan for 5 minutes then move to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store tightly covered at room temperature.
This dough freezes well. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight then bake accordingly.