Are you a fan of Chick-fil-A cole slaw? In December 2015 the Atlanta GA based company announced they would be removing it from their menu and released the recipe to the public on their website. I admit I was a little disappointed, as this is one of the few fast food places I really enjoy and often order cole slaw when I take my kids there for a quick weekend lunch. After all it's not just the chicken that we enjoy.
Chick-fil-A Cole Slaw
I'm certain many of you feel the same way so, I wanted to pay homage to this fast food classic and pass along the recipe for you to enjoy in your homes. Make a batch to accompany fried chicken, pinto beans and corn bread, pulled pork sandwiches or beef barbecue. It's not too shabby piled high on a chili dog, either. Cole slaw is a long-time Southern classic and we say "thank you" to Chick-fil-a for sharing the recipe with us all. I also have a copycat version of their Chick-fil-A Sauce as well as my take on their Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing here in the MSSK recipe index.
Dishes to Serve with Chick-fil-A Cole Slaw
Cole slaw complements so many entrees, it's hard to go wrong. Just a few classics you may enjoy:
- Southern Fried Chicken is always a winning entrée to serve with cole slaw.
- Easy Popcorn Chicken for the kiddos who prefer bite size fried chicken.
- Slow Cooked Dr Pepper Barbecue Beef piled high on toasted Kaiser rolls makes a feast fit for a king.
- Sticky Maple Barbecue Chicken goes like hand in glove with a side of crunchy slaw.
- We North Carolinians love our Slow Cooked Pulled Pork Barbecue cooked low and slow.
- Spicy Shrimp Kabobs for the seafood fans at your table from Gimme Some Grilling
picture credit Chick-fil-A
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Chick-fil-A Cole Slaw
- 4 teaspoons vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup real mayonnaise
- 2 10 oz bags finely shredded cabbage chopped (about 6-8 cups)
- ¼ cup carrots diced
- Whisk vinegar, sugar, mustard and salt together until sugar is dissolved. Add mayonnaise and whisk to mix.
- Add cabbage and carrots. Mix to combine.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours and serve.